Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 1, 2012, 03:18 PM   #226
Ratoo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfg View Post
Notice in the iFixIt teardown ... the SSD socket is not included on the motherboard on HD only models!

No opportunity to add a SSD later if desired ... even if you are willing to cut the adhesive tape holding it all together.
Looks like only the entry 21.5' model doesn't include SSD connector, check out http://www.kodawarisan.com/k2012_02/...mac_aeaaa.html which is higher model.
And I think all 27' model will have it.
Though since the panel is glued, maybe just order the Fusion Drive...
I'm fine with the removal of optical drive. But other issues frustrated me a lot.
Ratoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:02 PM   #227
deconstruct60
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post
That is not going to be possible.
OK. I thought Ivy Bridge could deal with better than 4Gb DRAM chips, but apparently not. The 21.5" and Mac Mini are on equal footing then as far as being extremely large RAM hosts.

It will be cheaper to upgrade to 16GB in two years though. At that point 8Gb RAM chips are going to be much more common and 4Gb tech at an even deeper discount.
deconstruct60 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:10 AM   #228
hleewell
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by madp01 View Post
The 5400 rpm HDD in the 21.5" version is really unacceptable and the SD slot located on the back side is going to be very awkward to use.
RAM not user upgradeable in the 21.5" version is another major issue and the very small speakers have very poor low frequency response.
I could let the RAM inconvenience go but the position of the SD card slot at the rear goes against all ergonomic sense. I love the iMac style but this decision is rather disappointing. I hope Apple would come around and put the slot back at the side. They still could maintain that super-thin profile.
iPad Air
hleewell is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion