Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:30 AM   #1
hydr
macrumors regular

iTunes 11 Bug or Not?

Under "Artists" the Compilation does not contain my "part of compilation" songs. It does however list every Artist even part of compilation under "Artists".

Itunes 10 would not list my Artists that were part of compilations, and "Compilations" would contain all marked.

Is this a bug in iTunes 11? Are there more than just me how has this?

Kind of created a mess here. And not sure how to go about fixing it since the music is properly tagged.
hydr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:31 AM   #2
tpq
macrumors newbie

no "part of compilation" option

I have a related problem in that there's no option to select "part of compilation" anymore. Now the album that was previously a single one is separated into two albums of the same name. Am I just missing the option? Can't see it when I right click and select 'get info' anymore. Any suggestions how to make all songs part of a single album now.
tpq is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:15 PM   #3
hydr
macrumors regular

The option and the list Compilations is still there, but it seem to be broken now?

Can someone please verify this? It works perfectly in iTunes 10, but not at all in 11.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:16 PM   #4
hydr
macrumors regular

I figured it out.

iTunes 10:
Part of Compilation = YES
With or without "Album Artist"
Will show in Compilation List, and ignored from "Artist" view.

iTunes 11:
Part of Compilation = YES
If you have anything in the "Album Artist" field, iTunes 11 will ignore it from Compilation.

If you empty the "Album Artist" field, it will show up in Compilation List, and ignored from "Artist" view.

Cheers.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:17 PM   #5
hotrodhearse
macrumors newbie

Bump...

I was having the same problem and it was driving me bat-#$@% crazy. I think I kinda figured it out though...

Like mentioned before, check the compilation box in the info, and delete the "album artist" info... Here's the thing that was tripping me up though. It's only truly a compilation if the album has multiple artists.

I had all these one hit wonders listed, each song came from a different album. But if i renamed the album the same for all the artists, THEN the artists would disappear from the artist listing. Having two or more artists with the same album name was the key.

I'm generally all about maintaining the authentic info for tracks, but, if all I want is a single track off an album, I suppose I really don't care all that much what the name of the album was. So now I have a few albums called "80s" or "90s", but who cares... Small price to pay for getting my artist listing under control.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by hotrodhearse; Dec 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM.
hotrodhearse is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store