Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:05 AM   #1
waggers
macrumors newbie

iCal move repeating entries

This is what I'm trying to do:-
I have an iCal entry "Pay Car Insurance" set to repeat every day, forever, with an alarm to remind me (every day obviously). Once I've paid it I want to move it a year forward, so it will remind me every day approx 1 year ahead.
When I do this though, it just creates a single entry, but doesn't give me an option to repeat it, so I have to create a new entry with the daily repeat, and delete the old entry.
Best option would be to move it as a repeating entry, if not at least allow me to change it to a repeating entry.
Anyone have any ideas how to do this?

waggers

iCal Version 5.0.3 (1605.4)
Mac OS X 10.7.5
waggers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:27 AM   #2
KaraH
macrumors 6502

Create the entry for the first month. Go into the properties for that entry to have it repeat every month (nth day or nth monday or whatever). If you ever need to change the date change the first one and when it asks you to change the series say yes.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac