Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macbimmer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I've noticed a bug and wonder if others have or found a solution.

With my iPad (as the active device) synching to iTunes 11 and the TV Shows tab selected, I can't scroll down the listing of shows or episodes to select an item that is below what's available in the visible window. When trying to scroll, it's like the window has a rubber band attached to it....you can scroll down, but as soon as you release, the window snaps back up. In other words, I can't select any show or episode that is down below what's visible on the screen when the iPad is plugged for a synch. My lists of TV Shows is dozens long, and I can't turn on/off any that are shown below what's visible in the window.

Thanks for your help or comments.

Mike Oxard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
You can scroll down the list if you scroll in the white space between the 'show' and 'episode' lists, (if you get what I mean!!). Once you select a SHow you have to scroll back to the top to see the individual episodes.

Macbimmer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Thank you for your reply. It works as you say, but I hope Apple makes it better. When in the 'movies', you can drag in the window....makes no sense why in 'TV Shows' you have to drag outside the window....oh well, at least I can get to my shows. Thanks again.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Mike Oxard thanks for the tip. It's obvious, now that I've done it. But it's definitely a bug, IMO.

I've seen this behavior in Movies - Playlists, TV Shows - Show list, and Apps - File Sharing app list.

All of those seem to be missing automatic scroll bars (they are there, but hidden because the window is hidden) - and if you scroll the entire window to hide, for instance, the Movie list, it will have the same behavior. The user really has to look closely at the embedded window border to realize it isn't fully visible.

I sent feedback before I saw this thread - I hadn't found this "workaround", so it certainly seemed like a major bug. I still think so - I wouldn't even accept this work on a web site!

If anyone else is "bugged" by this, please send in Feedback. Devs can submit a bug report (I might, but it's a lot more work than writing a paragraph or two in a forum).

simonbarratt

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2006
Wow!

You can scroll down the list if you scroll in the white space between the 'show' and 'episode' lists, (if you get what I mean!!). Once you select a SHow you have to scroll back to the top to see the individual episodes.

Thanks! This has been bugging me since the iTunes 11 upgrade!

If this is working as designed, then I can only say it is badly designed!

vassillios

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2005
Virginia
THANK YOU!

Quality control has gone down hill since Steve's passing, he's probably rolling in his grave what with Maps and all.

shack1108

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2012
iTunes 11.0.1 fixes it

Thankfully iTunes 11.0.1 just fixed it. Just go to Software Update/Mac App Store to update. Glad Apple fixed it!

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009

Thank you so much for this tip! It was driving me insane!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.