Did we just get a clue into Apple TV 4 and Apple TV apps? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:52 AM   #1
mentaluproar
macrumors 65816

Did we just get a clue into Apple TV 4 and Apple TV apps?

I was reading a Mashable article this morning and this quote caught my eye.

"Cavins says that the company is currently working on native versions of the app for Windows 8 and Linux, and has an app for the next-generation Apple TV ready to go as soon as the device hits store shelves."

http://mashable.com/2012/11/29/fuzebox-mac/

Does this mean we are getting the appletv we always wanted?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:49 AM   #2
Stampyhead
macrumors 68020

Hmmm, that is rather telling. I'm feeling hopeful now!
Stampyhead is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:17 PM   #3
Pyromonkey83
macrumors 6502

More than likely they are speculating on the actual Television rumored to be released by Apple sometime next year. We can always hope though!
Pyromonkey83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:16 AM   #4
Mak47
macrumors 6502a

I don't know that I'd read too much into it. There are already non-Apple "apps" on the Apple TV, Fuze could easily be a new one for a future generation device.

With Airplay the Apple TV is a very handy device for conference and board rooms, but companies are often slow to adopt new products, not realizing their potential. Fuze is interesting because it's a very popular conferencing application already, including it on Apple TV could speed up adoption of the product as something more than just an entertainment device.
Mak47 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:22 AM   #5
Pyromonkey83
macrumors 6502

The other big key that points to me thinking this is more based on a rumored physical TV is that it is a video conferencing app. Seeing as how there is clearly no webcam built into the current ATV.

Of course I guess it could run off of the micro USB port in the back, but that would require adapters, which I don't even know if female USB -> male micro USB even exists... And if it does exist, could it support a webcam? Im really skeptical on that...
Pyromonkey83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:15 PM   #6
APlotdevice
macrumors 68020

Personally I would like to see Apple explore this kind of video conference friendly form factor for the next TV:

Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:24 PM   #7
Michael CM1
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by APlotdevice View Post
Personally I would like to see Apple explore this kind of video conference friendly form factor for the next TV:

YouTube: video
I don't think we need that. Apple already has FaceTime cameras on about every device made, and an Apple TV set would likely have the same. Most people who would need to do FaceTime will use an iPad, iPhone or computer, not a TV. I can't imagine the next ATV box changing much physically.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater