Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 8, 2015, 11:57 AM   #1
desertman
macrumors 6502

iTunes 12: How to number songs in an album?

In previous iTunes versions it was easily possible to determine the order of songs through numbering the songs in the "Get Info" window. In the dreadful version 12 I don't see this possibility anymore. Can somebody please tell me where this function is hidden now? Thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:05 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

Scroll down, it's still there at the bottom...
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:08 PM   #3
ApfelKuchen
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertman View Post
In previous iTunes versions it was easily possible to determine the order of songs through numbering the songs in the "Get Info" window. In the dreadful version 12 I don't see this possibility anymore. Can somebody please tell me where this function is hidden now? Thanks.
Nothing's changed. You can still Get Info. You may need to scroll-up in Get Info > Details, however.
ApfelKuchen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:11 PM   #4
desertman
macrumors 6502

Thanks.

What might be the deeper intelligence behind the decision to change an interface that worked very well without having to scroll down into something that by default hides some of its options?
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:21 PM   #5
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertman View Post
Thanks.

What might be the deeper intelligence behind the decision to change an interface that worked very well without having to scroll down into something that by default hides some of its options?
Streamlining it? I don't know. I liked being able to drag the artwork into the little box. I don't like the way it works now because it requires multiple clicks. For whatever reason I am having a hard time with my music losing the artwork too this last update.

I am happy that the details and not file info come up as default now though. I mean, do we honestly care to see that info? I know when it's something I bought off iTunes, imported from a CD, etc.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:25 PM   #6
desertman
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I am happy that the details and not file info come up as default now though.
Agreed.

However, in general I think iTunes 12 is the most terrible piece of software that Apple ever made. I know not one single person in-between my "normal user" friends who has not difficulties to work with it, especially when it comes to control iOS devices and synchronize audio files to them.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store