Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old May 25, 2014, 03:28 PM   #1
DJSLIM3
macrumors newbie

Rom Corruptor for Mac?

Hello fellow forum users!
I've been researching through gaming rom utilities for mac, and haven't found any in this field.

Does anyone know of a rom corruption application that is compatible with OpenEmu (this compatibility isn't required, but would be nice)?

Please be aware that I have used "Wine" in the past to run windows corruptors, and despite it's ability to run, it's rather tedious to get roms to even run.

Thanks in advance for your time! Have a wonderful evening!
DJSLIM3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2014, 08:47 PM   #2
Desenrrollado
macrumors newbie

Solution! (Now there's a mac rom corruptor!)

So yes there's no corruptors out there however I took the liberty of looking through and Vinesauce's Corruptor popped out. You may argue it's only for windows false I simply remade it using wine. It works here's the link and enjoy:

https://www.mediafire.com/?dbj9bs2256y4sba

How it works: It creates a copy of the rom however it's been Modified/Corrupted. Should launch with open emu as long as you drag in the rom into the program
As well as here's some forums they'll help you out: http://vinesauce.com/vinetalk/index.php?topic=3913.0

Last edited by Desenrrollado; Jun 24, 2014 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Lack of information
Desenrrollado is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:48 PM   #3
sonicrox2009
macrumors newbie

I tried going into the __MACOSX folder and clicked on the application and it said "You cannot open the application 'VineSauce Romcorrupter 1.2.1 (Mac Release #1)' because it may be damaged or incomplete", and when I go into the Vinesauce Romcorrupter (Mac Port) folder and then into the Vinesauce ROM Corruptor v1.2.1 (Beta) folder and try to open the application, it opens and then immediately closes. It also doesn't have an icon. Is there something I'm doing wrong? My Mac OS version is 10.4.11, please respond as soon as you can.
sonicrox2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:23 PM   #4
DeltaMac
macrumors 68000

I can't find complete info about system requirements, but I think it's likely your 10.4.11 system is just too old. Something like OpenEMU needs at least 10.7 for current version, so likely the ROM corruptor needs that, too.
DeltaMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store