Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seniorchang

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
Hi,

since the itunes 11/Apple TV ios/remote app update my iphone remote app does not find my itunes music library on my iMacanymore. I also can't play music via airplay through my apple tv.
I can choose apple tv as output, but it doesn't connect (just loads and loads...)

Playing video/music on the apple tv through home sharing on the other hand works for some reasons...

Anyone else having similar problems?

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Yea I have this issue. AirPlay is broken in iTunes 11. When computer wakes from sleep iTunes continuously says connecting to Apple TV. Force quit is the only way to gain control again. Apple also broke home sharing on ios6. Also Bluetooth is staticky in music app only on ios 6. So basically wireless streaming for any new apple apps is busted. Nice job.

brightjc@me.com

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2012
UK
AirPlay with AppleTV and iTunes 11

I had the same problem so I rest Apple TV and quit and reopened iTunes then it worked normally.

Waterdweller

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
Airplay Problems

Problem with airplay & iTunes 11 is NOT restricted to Apple TV...I have the same problem with just homesharing of my music library...connects & plays 1or 2 songs then stops...and iTunes has be "force quit"
Another unhappy audiophile...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.