Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
For me the best bit is actually the new Remote for iPad. Love it! With the addition of Up Next it makes party music selection awesometastic!

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
What does Up Next do that is new?

I have been looking at it and it just seems a limited version of iTunes DJ

rien333

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
The Netherlands
The store is blazingly fast, (or at least if you're used to the old one), and brings along some nice features, for example the music preview still plays when you browse a different section of the store.

I also love the new design things, with the whole album view thing and the mini player's nice minimalistic redesign, with which it doesn't really losing any functionally, and instead gains it.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
It's much more appealing visually, to me. I used to use list view in the old iTunes but now I have it on the album view. I have always diligently made sure I have all my artwork so it really looks great. Also really digging the expanded album view.

The blazing speed of the thing is pretty sweet, too. :cool:

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
other way around, iTunes DJ was the limited feature, up next is actually useful

In what way?

I am confused

Up Next seems to just be a Play Next or Add to Queue, both of which where available with iTunes DJ

What am I missing with this Play Next/Up Next queue feature

Goldfinger

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2006
Belgium
The best feature for me is color being back in the sidebar! Let's hope that this is a precursor to color coming back to the Finder!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.