Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
What's everyone's thought on the new Fusion drive for the iMac for use in FCP 7. Will it help speed things up or slow them down. All of my media is on an external FW800 drive. (which i guess now I need a Thunderbolt to FW800 adaptor...)

(I walked into the apple store today at Walt Whitman when I asked for the new iMacs the girl looked at me like I had 5 heads :rolleyes:)

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
I believe the new iMac dont have a DVD burner in them. I never used Fusion in FCP7. What is frustrating that Apple cut the software off with the new FCP-X.
Would it pay you to look at the FCP-X. I like it but that is only my opinion.
Go to Currys and ask them how many LUX this camera has.....:apple:

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
I believe the new iMac dont have a DVD burner in them. I never used Fusion in FCP7. What is frustrating that Apple cut the software off with the new FCP-X.
Would it pay you to look at the FCP-X. I like it but that is only my opinion.
Go to Currys and ask them how many LUX this camera has.....:apple:

I believe we are talking about different things. I'm talking about the BTO hard drive option on the new iMacs....

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Apps should launch faster, but I don't think it would help much in terms of storing all your footage as the flash portion of the fusion drive is only 128gigs and it will dynamically put your most used apps/files there so you'll most likely end up with some media on the flash portion while the rest is on the spinning disk portion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.