Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
As many of those here are using Android after using iOS I thought I'd bring up Amazon's app store for Android. For me it was a bit of shock to see that it actually exists, coming from iOS.

Anyway they have a free app every day and so far I have grabbed two. One was Polara which seems pretty nice and today is Duke Nukem 3D (a nice port but just about unplayable for me).

If this is common knowledge, I apologize. I didn't know about it and just happened to stumble upon it at Amazon.com. You have to actually download the app store app and install it, as it is not in the play store.

http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b?ie=UTF8&node=2350149011

Michael

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Love Amazon App. Most of the time the Free App a Day is junk, but sometimes you get gems.

Got Office Suite (a 14.99 app) for free. Tetris was free a while back. Sweet pickup.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I use it occasionally but the google play store has plenty of free apps to keep me quite occupied.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
There are plenty of free apps in the play store but they mainly seem to be ad-driven.

Are there not apps in the Amazon store that are not on play? I was hoping that was the case.

Michael

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
I buy most of my apps on the Amazon Appstore, it's a better experience than going through Google Play's junk.
I'm starting to like it. :)

I was amused with their video and how they got around not having their app store on Google play.

Michael

anutharoundu

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2011
I'm interested in trying this app, but I had issues with it crashing when I tried to install it before.

54.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.