Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:53 PM   #1
benmagic
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Smile Unlock iPhone from Telus

Hello Forum ,
I have few questions ...[LIST=1] I have a iPhone 4 with a contract from Talus in Canada and I want to buy an unlock iPhone 5 , is this will work with the Talus Sim card

second question , I have also a iPhone 4s with Sprint , if I get the Phone 5 unlock is that will work with sprint Sim card ?
please help
benmagic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmagic View Post
Hello Forum ,
I have few questions ...[LIST=1] I have a iPhone 4 with a contract from Talus in Canada and I want to buy an unlock iPhone 5 , is this will work with the Talus Sim card

second question , I have also a iPhone 4s with Sprint , if I get the Phone 5 unlock is that will work with sprint Sim card ?
please help
As long as talus is GSM you can use its sims with an unlocked GSM iphone 5. You will need a nanosim or cut your iphone 4 down to nano size.

No, you cannot use Sprints service on an unlocked iphone 5.
Sprint is a CDMA carrier. The unlocked i5 can be used on any GSM network.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:16 PM   #3
benmagic
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
As long as talus is GSM you can use its sims with an unlocked GSM iphone 5. You will need a nanosim or cut your iphone 4 down to nano size.

No, you cannot use Sprints service on an unlocked iphone 5.
Sprint is a CDMA carrier. The unlocked i5 can be used on any GSM network.

thank you for your replay ,
can I use my sprint iphone 4 s in europe with the europe sim cards ?
benmagic is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:37 PM   #4
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmagic View Post
thank you for your replay ,
can I use my sprint iphone 4 s in europe with the europe sim cards ?
You will have to call Sprint and ask them to unlock it for international GSM use.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:26 PM   #5
benmagic
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
You will have to call Sprint and ask them to unlock it for international GSM use.
thanks
benmagic is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone: iPhone 4S Telus Unlock? AppleBanana Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 5 Apr 29, 2013 02:59 PM
Anyone in Canada with an iPhone 5 on Telus getting LTE? iPhone obsessed iPhone 6 Sep 24, 2012 10:01 AM
iPhone: Jailbreaking an un-activated telus iPhone 4 jamesxm Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 1 Aug 20, 2012 07:49 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC