Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lars666

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Hi there,

using the new iTunes 11 and really don't like it:

1. Having a freezing beach ball every time I use the search field

2. Changing meta-data like "music" to "podcast" isn't saved. (I really can imagine now why iTunes 11 was delayed...)

and

3. When using the search field, I can't combine parts of the song title and the artist (for example) anymore to find something! (although "all" is checked) Means: If I search something like the song "Emmylou" by "First Aid Kit" I can't type "Emmy Aid" anymore as it doesn't find anything this way. Is this a bug (like the problems above) or wanted?? Wouldn't understand the thinking behind the second possibility. (And by the way, I remember from the Steve Jobs biography that his Jobness himself wanted the way of searching exactly as comfortable and easy I described above when they first created iTunes...)

Really, really disappointed at the moment. At least, I discovered how to get the sidebar back, without it, the navigation simply is horrible. (At least for me as a person who switches a lot between playlists, TV shows, iTunes Store etc.)

UPDATE: After posting this, I found out the solution to my search problem - "search list". Can't explain why I didn't discover that before, sorry. The other two points still remain valid hough...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.