Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:59 PM   #1
AlanKA
macrumors member

Switcheasy CoverBuddy - New MATTE version just received!

Fit is perfect, cutouts are spot-on. Supports the Smart Cover.

I've been waiting forever to get a super-thin matte NON-slippery version, yet hard plastic since I detest TPU's goolike feel. This case is exactly that.

Now, why I bought green? ummm......not sure what got into me there. But I absolutely love this case. It's exactly what I've been looking for, with one exception. I'd like to have a snap cover that uses the magnet to keep it attached to the back (like a Belkin Snap shield secure). But Belkin is the slowest friggin company in the world, so this case will do just fine, especially with the mini where it's not as big a deal like on my 3.

The unique thing about this case appears to be the covered buttons. Well, they did a good job there because they work perfectly, great responsiveness.

This one's a keeper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4515.JPG
Views:	365
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	380752   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4516.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	380753   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4519.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	380754  

Name:	IMG_4520.JPG
Views:	385
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	380755   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4521.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	380756  
AlanKA is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Boston Rhett
macrumors regular

I just received mine today too -- I got the dark gray version for my white mini. Looks awesome with my red smart cover. The covered buttons were a pleasant surprise. My only gripe (and it's a minor one) is that dust collects rather easily the corners where the case snaps onto the iPad. But overall I'm very pleased with it.
Boston Rhett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 05:22 AM   #3
normwood
macrumors 6502a

I'm hoping my dark grey delivers today. It was processed through the local sort facility yesterday. Getting a little impatient. Shipping notice received on 12/21 but it looks from the tracker like it didn't actually go anywhere until 12/28. A little annoying.

Steve
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:42 AM   #4
AlanKA
macrumors member

Sorry to hear about the delay. But it's worth the wait! The more I use it, the more I like the grippy feel. Great in the hands, doesn't slide around in the car seat next to me. Perfect.
AlanKA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:47 AM   #5
Koodauw
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Rhett View Post
I just received mine today too -- I got the dark gray version for my white mini. Looks awesome with my red smart cover. The covered buttons were a pleasant surprise. My only gripe (and it's a minor one) is that dust collects rather easily the corners where the case snaps onto the iPad. But overall I'm very pleased with it.
Would you mind posting some pics?
Koodauw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 03:54 PM   #6
gadgetmonster
macrumors regular

Anyone have some amazon links?
gadgetmonster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 04:17 PM   #7
normwood
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetmonster View Post
Anyone have some amazon links?
Comes direct from Switcheasy.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 04:21 PM   #8
normwood
macrumors 6502a

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354400486.139268.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	380963

One quick shot of dark grey. Just arrived.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 05:09 PM   #9
Boston Rhett
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koodauw View Post
Would you mind posting some pics?
Sure thing. Sorry for the crappy quality, took the pics in horrible lighting with my 4S. The red is actually a lot more vibrant. Might try to take more later in natural light.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 07:22 PM   #10
Koodauw
macrumors 68040

Many thanks. Looks great.
Koodauw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 04:30 AM   #11
normwood
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Sure thing. Sorry for the crappy quality, took the pics in horrible lighting with my 4S. The red is actually a lot more vibrant. Might try to take more later in natural light.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.
That does look great. Makes my grey/grey on black mini look a little boring.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:34 PM   #12
AdonisSMU
macrumors 65816

I have the clear one from swtitcheasy.
AdonisSMU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:39 PM   #13
AdonisSMU
macrumors 65816

Here are some photos. There image uploader says I can put up five but then only allows one photo.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	550.1 KB
ID:	381153  
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:58 PM   #14
AdonisSMU
macrumors 65816

Here is another.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	457.5 KB
ID:	381157  
Old Dec 2, 2012, 04:44 PM   #15
jqc
macrumors member

Thanks for th images guys. I am really debating getting one. Right now I'm using the incipio NGP case which is thin and feels great - but is not Smart Cover compatible.

How is the matte and clear cover buddy in terms of ease of getting on? I'm really concerned snapping it on and off will scratch the bezel (I have the slate model)

Thanks!
jqc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 09:38 PM   #16
AlanKA
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqc View Post
Thanks for th images guys. I am really debating getting one. Right now I'm using the incipio NGP case which is thin and feels great - but is not Smart Cover compatible.

How is the matte and clear cover buddy in terms of ease of getting on? I'm really concerned snapping it on and off will scratch the bezel (I have the slate model)

Thanks!
It goes on quite easy, definitely not overly tight like the poetic I tried. I don't think scratching will be a problem at all.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 09:49 PM   #17
Boston Rhett
macrumors regular

Quote:

Thanks!
I've also got the Incipio NGP, which I really like as well. I use that one when I'm home and the Switcheasy/Smart Cover combo when I'm out and about and need to put my mini in a bag.

The Coverbuddy is a cinch to put on and take off -- pop it in button-side first to put on, un-snap the non-button side first to take off. It's a snug fit but not difficult to remove. I haven't seen any scratches on the bezel, though I do have the white/silver model and not the black/slate.

Here are some pics I took this morning that shows the Coverbuddy and Smart Cover truer to color:

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:22 AM   #18
AdonisSMU
macrumors 65816

Quote:
I've also got the Incipio NGP, which I really like as well. I use that one when I'm home and the Switcheasy/Smart Cover combo when I'm out and about and need to put my mini in a bag.

The Coverbuddy is a cinch to put on and take off -- pop it in button-side first to put on, un-snap the non-button side first to take off. It's a snug fit but not difficult to remove. I haven't seen any scratches on the bezel, though I do have the white/silver model and not the black/slate.

Here are some pics I took this morning that shows the Coverbuddy and Smart Cover truer to color:

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.
Looks beautiful! I went with clear because Mini is so pretty why cover him up with a case. But this looks great!

My clear cover was easy to put on and take off.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:30 AM   #19
jqc
macrumors member

thanks for the replies guys. On other question, I think Boston mentioned that dust collects rather easily in the corners and from the pics it looks like the gap is quite big in the corners. This could be a deal breaker for me, but any additional thoughts on this?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post
Looks beautiful! I went with clear because Mini is so pretty why cover him up with a case. But this looks great!

My clear cover was easy to put on and take off.
Adonis, do you have the slate or white mini? if slate notice any bevel scratches?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:50 AM   #20
AdonisSMU
macrumors 65816

Quote:
thanks for the replies guys. On other question, I think Boston mentioned that dust collects rather easily in the corners and from the pics it looks like the gap is quite big in the corners. This could be a deal breaker for me, but any additional thoughts on this?

----------

Adonis, do you have the slate or white mini? if slate notice any bevel scratches?
I have white and have not noticed any scratches.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:35 PM   #21
AlanKA
macrumors member

Wow, the Dark Grey looks great. Kinda wish I'd bought that color.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:07 PM   #22
jqc
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post
I have white and have not noticed any scratches.
cool thanks. i just ordered dark grey. would have loved to have gone clear but at least with dark grey it will cover up any scratches that might occur!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:18 PM   #23
Roy Hobbs
macrumors 68000

I also ordered the dark gray to go along with my blue smart cover.
I've had the clear in the past and after a few months they look horrible. They scratch too easy
Roy Hobbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:22 PM   #24
GiRARDsays
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to GiRARDsays
I'm torn between the SwitchEasy CoverBuddy in Dark Grey or the KaysCase Smart Solution Hard Shell in Smoked. I contacted KaysCase and asked if their Hard Shell in Smoked was a Matte or Glossy finish. I'm just waiting for a reply. If it's Matte, then I'm going with KaysCase. If it's Glossy, I'm going with SwitchEasy.
GiRARDsays is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 01:10 AM   #25
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRARDsays View Post
I'm torn between the SwitchEasy CoverBuddy in Dark Grey or the KaysCase Smart Solution Hard Shell in Smoked. I contacted KaysCase and asked if their Hard Shell in Smoked was a Matte or Glossy finish. I'm just waiting for a reply. If it's Matte, then I'm going with KaysCase. If it's Glossy, I'm going with SwitchEasy.

FWIW, I have a KaysCase (Gel) and the cutout for the Smart Cover isn't as good as the SwitchEasy I have. The KaysCase leaves room while the SwitchEasy is a perfect fit.

If SwitchEasy releases a black matte, I will be all over it. I have the SwitchEasy glossy black, but it's a fingerprint magnet. Not a huge deal, but a matte version would be perfect.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories