Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old May 31, 2013, 10:28 PM   #1
katemag
macrumors newbie

Charging issues with iPod Touch 3rd Gen

Hello, my name is Kate and I need help. I have problem charging iPod Touch 3rd gen wiith Philips USB Battery Power Pack 5200mAh. Philips USB Battery Power Pack has USB output 5v - 1A. I know that USB computer has output 0.5A
The problem is that iPod Touch stops charging after 2 minutes with Philips USB Battery Power Pack. The indicator says charging so Philips work but not long, only 2 minutes. Philips has overload protector and the package say it could charging iPhone, iPod.

However this is not happening when I plugged in iPod Touch to USB computer. It charges until full. No problem with USB computer
I'm using original USB cable from iPod Touch on both

Why the charging could be different?
katemag is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Bear
macrumors G3

It sounds like you have a faulty battery pack. If you just got it, return it. Otherwise if it is still under warranty, contact the manufacturer and say it isn't working correctly and go about getting it taken care of under warranty.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch