Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:16 PM   #1
amps211
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Eddie. This is what iTunes 11 is missing...

For me anyways. Scrolling thru just a screen of 1000's of album covers sucks and is not very practical. Now, I like what has been done with the background. Looks sharp 95% of the time. However, in 11.1 can we add the artist column viewer on the side pls (w/o the thumbnail previews). Thx.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shot-2012-11-30-at-4.00.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	816.1 KB
ID:	380766  

Last edited by amps211; Nov 30, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
amps211 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Lvivske
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
+1

Albums view is totally useless for viewing a collection without any actual grouping options. Having a pane that at least lets you narrow it down by artist would make this mode worthwhile.
Lvivske is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:58 PM   #3
Bozley0621
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
This plus revert back to the old real-time search as you type.
Bozley0621 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:18 PM   #4
amps211
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Also this?! There is no 'next track' button at the bottom for quickly editing track info.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shot-2012-11-30-at-5.14.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	624.5 KB
ID:	380776  
amps211 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:27 PM   #5
kaielement
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by amps211 View Post
Also this?! There is no 'next track' button at the bottom for quickly editing track info.
In song view when I right clicked and clicked get info I has a "next track" like before. Might have been the view you were in
__________________
2012 11" MacBook Air, 2007 White MacBook, 16gb iPhone 5, 16gb iPhone 5s, 32gb iPad Air, 160gb iPod Classic, 8gb 6th Gen Nano, 20gb 2nd Gen iPod, 40gb 3rd Gen iPod, Moto X 16gb
kaielement is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:31 PM   #6
amps211
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaielement View Post
In song view when I right clicked and clicked get info I has a "next track" like before. Might have been the view you were in
You're right. I guess that option isn't available when editing in the artist or albums view. strange.
amps211 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:33 PM   #7
Bozley0621
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozley0621 View Post
This plus revert back to the old real-time search as you type.
You can still search in real-time. In the search bar, there is a little drop down arrow next to the magnifying glass. Click this and disable Search Entire Library.
Bozley0621 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:45 PM   #8
tkermit
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by amps211 View Post
For me anyways. Scrolling thru just a screen of 1000's of album covers sucks and is not very practical. Now, I like what has been done with the background. Looks sharp 95% of the time. However, in 11.1 can we add the artist column viewer on the side pls (w/o the thumbnail previews). Thx.
I would just like to note that the view allows you to start typing an artist's name (not into any particular field), and iTunes will scroll to the first album of that artist.
__________________
___🏃_
tkermit is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:54 PM   #9
amps211
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkermit View Post
I would just like to note that the view allows you to start typing an artist's name (not into any particular field), and iTunes will scroll to the first album of that artist.
Woah. That's sweet. Thx. I'd still like the side view because It's nice to see the all band names in a list to remind me of what I got.
amps211 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:02 PM   #10
kaielement
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by amps211 View Post
You're right. I guess that option isn't available when editing in the artist or albums view. strange.
A bit strange. While I like some parts of the updates I don't like other parts. After using iTunes for so long in one view might take a bit to get used to the new view.
__________________
2012 11" MacBook Air, 2007 White MacBook, 16gb iPhone 5, 16gb iPhone 5s, 32gb iPad Air, 160gb iPod Classic, 8gb 6th Gen Nano, 20gb 2nd Gen iPod, 40gb 3rd Gen iPod, Moto X 16gb
kaielement is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:17 PM   #11
Lvivske
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by amps211 View Post
You're right. I guess that option isn't available when editing in the artist or albums view. strange.
it's there in Albums view, just not Artist

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkermit View Post
I would just like to note that the view allows you to start typing an artist's name (not into any particular field), and iTunes will scroll to the first album of that artist.
unfortunately, this also includes any mention of that band and yields a lot of false positives (if song titles from other bands contain the same words, like cover songs)
Lvivske is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:44 PM   #12
tkermit
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvivske View Post
unfortunately, this also includes any mention of that band and yields a lot of false positives (if song titles from other bands contain the same words, like cover songs)
You sure we're talking about the same thing? When I just start typing into the window instead of the search field– your input doesn't appear on screen – it seems to purely try to match the longest possible sequence of characters you've entered with any of your artists.
__________________
___🏃_
tkermit is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:05 AM   #13
Lvivske
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkermit View Post
You sure we're talking about the same thing? When I just start typing into the window instead of the search field– your input doesn't appear on screen – it seems to purely try to match the longest possible sequence of characters you've entered with any of your artists.
neat, thanks for that

view/ view options had to be set to 'arists' though. I had it by 'rating' when i first tried it, and every key I pressed caused it to open the last album on the library, regardless. Weird glitch.
Lvivske is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:18 AM   #14
tkermit
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvivske View Post
neat, thanks for that

view/ view options had to be set to 'arists' though. I had it by 'rating' when i first tried it, and every key I pressed caused it to open the last album on the library, regardless. Weird glitch.
Huh, you're right. I guess it searches through whatever field the view is sorted by (try sorting by title for example).
__________________
___🏃_
tkermit is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC