Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:16 PM   #1
amps211
macrumors newbie

Eddie. This is what iTunes 11 is missing...

For me anyways. Scrolling thru just a screen of 1000's of album covers sucks and is not very practical. Now, I like what has been done with the background. Looks sharp 95% of the time. However, in 11.1 can we add the artist column viewer on the side pls (w/o the thumbnail previews). Thx.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shot-2012-11-30-at-4.00.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	816.1 KB
ID:	380766  

Last edited by amps211; Nov 30, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
amps211 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Lvivske
macrumors regular

+1

Albums view is totally useless for viewing a collection without any actual grouping options. Having a pane that at least lets you narrow it down by artist would make this mode worthwhile.
Lvivske is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:58 PM   #3
Bozley0621
macrumors 6502

This plus revert back to the old real-time search as you type.
Bozley0621 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:18 PM   #4
amps211
macrumors newbie

Also this?! There is no 'next track' button at the bottom for quickly editing track info.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shot-2012-11-30-at-5.14.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	624.5 KB
ID:	380776  
amps211 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:27 PM   #5
kaielement
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by amps211 View Post
Also this?! There is no 'next track' button at the bottom for quickly editing track info.
In song view when I right clicked and clicked get info I has a "next track" like before. Might have been the view you were in
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:31 PM   #6
amps211
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaielement View Post
In song view when I right clicked and clicked get info I has a "next track" like before. Might have been the view you were in
You're right. I guess that option isn't available when editing in the artist or albums view. strange.
amps211 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:33 PM   #7
Bozley0621
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozley0621 View Post
This plus revert back to the old real-time search as you type.
You can still search in real-time. In the search bar, there is a little drop down arrow next to the magnifying glass. Click this and disable Search Entire Library.
Bozley0621 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:45 PM   #8
tkermit
macrumors 68020

Quote:
For me anyways. Scrolling thru just a screen of 1000's of album covers sucks and is not very practical. Now, I like what has been done with the background. Looks sharp 95% of the time. However, in 11.1 can we add the artist column viewer on the side pls (w/o the thumbnail previews). Thx.
I would just like to note that the view allows you to start typing an artist's name (not into any particular field), and iTunes will scroll to the first album of that artist.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:54 PM   #9
amps211
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkermit View Post
I would just like to note that the view allows you to start typing an artist's name (not into any particular field), and iTunes will scroll to the first album of that artist.
Woah. That's sweet. Thx. I'd still like the side view because It's nice to see the all band names in a list to remind me of what I got.
amps211 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:02 PM   #10
kaielement
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
You're right. I guess that option isn't available when editing in the artist or albums view. strange.
A bit strange. While I like some parts of the updates I don't like other parts. After using iTunes for so long in one view might take a bit to get used to the new view.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:17 PM   #11
Lvivske
macrumors regular

Quote:
it's there in Albums view, just not Artist

----------

Quote:
unfortunately, this also includes any mention of that band and yields a lot of false positives (if song titles from other bands contain the same words, like cover songs)
Lvivske is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:44 PM   #12
tkermit
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvivske View Post
unfortunately, this also includes any mention of that band and yields a lot of false positives (if song titles from other bands contain the same words, like cover songs)
You sure we're talking about the same thing? When I just start typing into the window instead of the search field– your input doesn't appear on screen – it seems to purely try to match the longest possible sequence of characters you've entered with any of your artists.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:05 AM   #13
Lvivske
macrumors regular

Quote:
You sure we're talking about the same thing? When I just start typing into the window instead of the search field– your input doesn't appear on screen – it seems to purely try to match the longest possible sequence of characters you've entered with any of your artists.
neat, thanks for that

view/ view options had to be set to 'arists' though. I had it by 'rating' when i first tried it, and every key I pressed caused it to open the last album on the library, regardless. Weird glitch.
Lvivske is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:18 AM   #14
tkermit
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvivske View Post
neat, thanks for that

view/ view options had to be set to 'arists' though. I had it by 'rating' when i first tried it, and every key I pressed caused it to open the last album on the library, regardless. Weird glitch.
Huh, you're right. I guess it searches through whatever field the view is sorted by (try sorting by title for example).

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store