Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fides

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
13 inch model, base for both in regards to processors, no retina, and 8GB memory upgrade for both. Same price for both after the upgrade.

Any thoughts, primarily usage of the MB is for school work, graphic design work (light editing and 1080p rednerations) and research based projects.

fides

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2012
If 128GB of storage is enough the Air wins by a big margin imo. I would not swap my MBA for a pro, no way.

that primarily the problem the storage, I currently have a think pad with equivalent amount of storage and I am always maxing out, and swapping data into an external.

Can you list me some of the benefits of the Air in comparison to the Pro since I am getting the MB in general for Photography, Video editing, Light office based work, and university

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
that primarily the problem the storage, I currently have a think pad with equivalent amount of storage and I am always maxing out, and swapping data into an external.

Can you list me some of the benefits of the Air in comparison to the Pro since I am getting the MB in general for Photography, Video editing, Light office based work, and university

If you need more then 128GB you could always install a 256GB or bigger SSD into the pro.

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
MBA: more portable
MBP: better screen although lower resolution, has DVD

Performance wise, they're on par with each other in the real world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.