Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:29 PM   #1
americaroma
macrumors member

My experience with Apple's iPhone.

The iphone 5 was the hardest phone to been able to get my hands on. And i gotta say it was worth the waiting. This device is great, works for me, exceeds my expectations in almost everything.

I remember the first time i bought an iphone, it was the original one, i wasnt really into it and was really not that interested in ''smartphones''. Back then i had purchased an ipod touch, really liked it and used it many hours of the day. I recall watching this iphone adds when ever i watched the show ''the office'' and little by little the iphone started to seem more interesting, i was starting to think to myself ''what if my ipod touch could make calls too''... couple of weeks later i sold my ipod touch, went to an att store and bought my first gen iphone 8gb...

Sadly, lacking 3g in my city, and not really liking att prevented me from using the iphone that much, it was getting boring, it was just an ipod touch that made calls, nothing more... So, after less than 3 months i went back to tmobile, bought a blackberry that i had previously had owned and sticked to it for a while. That was until i found out i could jailbreak, unlock and use my iphone with tmobile... so i finally did that, and that was it for me, i was hooked with iphone features, looks, apps, everything. From then on, i owned another iphone first gen (my other one fell and screen was cracked) and an iphone 3g with 8gb.

Sure i got curious once in a while and wanted to try other devices, i bought a nexus one in 2010, big mistake, my experience with android was awful. Lack of basic apps, laggyness, not a good or easy music player to use or organize my music. I remember trying to impress friends showing them some ''show off, kinda of beta apps'' only to find out that the iphone not only had something similiar but something that functioned much better.

After 6 months i went back to apple, got the iphone 4, 4s, now very happy with my iphone 5 and finally i decided this time i needed the 64gb version!

I post this because last night i saw a post here asking if there was any buying romorse now that another android device was coming... Hell no!

Im sure android has gotten better over the years, i played with a samsung 3 recently and i gotta say screen lag is gone or almost gone. But the size on that thing is simply ridiculously big, its funny how this guy uses his s3 in the gym, that thing looks like a tablet. Also, yes i know its been said a thousand times before, but the quality on iphone products just seem superior in every aspect, most other devices feel cheap, like a toy, or like a disposable object. I give my iphone 5 a rating of 10 in looks, its just something classy, something james bond would use, i love the aluminum look on it, and yes i wish it was a bit less prone to scratches, hope they fix that in the next gen device, that for me would be just perfect....
americaroma is offline   5
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:54 PM   #2
darster
macrumors 68000

I would have just said "I like my iphone 5"
darster is offline   1
Old Dec 1, 2012, 07:25 AM   #3
shenfrey
macrumors 6502a

I am happy that your happy with your iPhone 5, I didn't read the entire post though, I'm gonna need a tea before I do that : )
Apple TV (2012), IPhone 5, iPad (4th Gen)
shenfrey is offline   0
Old Dec 1, 2012, 07:28 AM   #4
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

So.... how many people read the whole thing?
tymaster50 is offline   0
Old Dec 1, 2012, 07:43 AM   #5
syd430

God it's not even that long.

(Disclaimer: didn't read, just saying that it's not that long)
Old Dec 1, 2012, 08:31 AM   #6
Nevzorus
macrumors 6502

I read the whole thing. Great that you like your iPhone!
Nevzorus is offline   1
Old Dec 1, 2012, 08:36 AM   #7
BFizzzle
Banned

glad you like your phone

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enha...54307707-3.gif
BFizzzle is offline   0
Old Dec 1, 2012, 08:48 AM   #8
shenfrey
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd430 View Post
God it's not even that long.

(Disclaimer: didn't read, just saying that it's not that long)
I think its the more the fact that it could of been condensed to "I really like the iPhone 5".

Still, he's one happy camper.
Apple TV (2012), IPhone 5, iPad (4th Gen)
shenfrey is offline   0
Old Dec 1, 2012, 08:52 AM   #9
lke
macrumors 6502

And the bend issue is real? Or your iphone 5 is 100% flat
lke is offline   0
Old Dec 1, 2012, 08:54 AM   #10
Megalobyte
macrumors 6502a

As usual, a pretty rude forum. This is exactly the place for someone to share their iPhone thoughts and story, if not here then where?

The old saying about keeping your mouth shut if you don't have something nice to say applies.

The way some people respond to perfectly decent, well intentioned posts makes me wonder if some of you go torture small animals in your offline lives.

Contrary to what some must think, the ability to cut someone down with insults and sarcasm isn't a sign of a sharp intellect.

Last edited by maflynn; Dec 13, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
Megalobyte is offline   9
Old Dec 1, 2012, 08:57 AM   #11
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalobyte View Post
As usual, a pretty rude forum. This is exactly the place for someone to share their iPhone thoughts and story, if not here then where?

The old saying about keeping your mouth shut if you don't have something nice to say applies.

The way some people respond to perfectly decent, well intentioned posts makes me wonder if some of you go torture small animals in your offline lives.
Long post about how he had an iPhone, sold it, bought it back, tried android, and went back to iPhone could have saved all of us time by saying "I really like my iPhone". It was well-intentioned but it really could have been shrunken down to something a little bit more readable at 6 in the morning.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 09:39 AM   #12
SlasherDuff
macrumors 6502a

Wow... Way to make a person feel welcome

OP, glad you like your iPhone. The 4S is my first and i still don't regret my purchase. I love how seamless it works with my music as well
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:13 AM   #13
Nevzorus
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
Long post about how he had an iPhone, sold it, bought it back, tried android, and went back to iPhone could have saved all of us time by saying "I really like my iPhone". It was well-intentioned but it really could have been shrunken down to something a little bit more readable at 6 in the morning.
''You made a new thread just for that sentence?!'' x10

Saying that wouldn't have been better at all. I prefer his long text a lot more.
Nevzorus is offline   2
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:15 AM   #14
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevzorus View Post
''You made a new thread just for that sentence?!'' x10

Saying that wouldn't have been better at all. I prefer his long text a lot more.
At least people would have read the whole thing lol what I get is att bashing, android bashing then attempt to save face by saying im sure it has gotten better, Attempt to use 3G on a first gen iPhone, then buying every iPhone since the original or something like that
Old Dec 1, 2012, 08:40 PM   #15
Mr Hill
macrumors 6502

I read it. Nice that you are enjoying your iPhone 5. I too have used several Androids and just find the iPhone experience to be superior. Still have a 4S right now but can't wait to get a 5.
Mr Hill is offline   3
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:10 PM   #16
LapsangSouchong
macrumors 65816

Great. Nice thread! Nice to see that someone who's been away can see how far the line has come.

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland