Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Action
macrumors member

How to turn off AppleTV when in Netflix?

Sometimes after I finish watching something on Netflix, I want to turn off the AppleTV. So far, the only way I've been able to do this is pressing the menu button over and over until I finally exit out of all the Netflix menus, then I press and hold play until the AppleTV shuts off. Is there a way I can just shut the thing off without having to exit back out of all the Netflix menus?
Action is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:05 PM   #2
SandboxGeneral

The only and quick way is to press and hold the menu button to get to the main screen, then press and hold the play button to put it to sleep.

Or you can set the sleep timer to 15 minutes (it's shorests timeout) and let it go off automatically.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:36 AM   #3
LWP777
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
The only and quick way is to press and hold the menu button to get to the main screen, then press and hold the play button to put it to sleep.

Or you can set the sleep timer to 15 minutes (it's shorests timeout) and let it go off automatically.
This worked great. Thank you!
LWP777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 01:16 AM   #4
notjustjay
macrumors 603

I've always just left it on. I didn't even know you could turn it off until I read your post. It will automatically turn off after a period of inactivity.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater