Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 9, 2013, 09:47 AM   #1
udflyer
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
MBA 13" - Battery drains quick not using.....

For example, lost maybe 30% overnight(8 hours).

Today , lost 6% over 3 hours.

Lid closed , nothing running.

I even looked at the console log and saw no activity from 17:30am today until 10:30am today (when I opened the lid)

Running latest version of Mavericks...

Any ideas ?


TIA.
udflyer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2013, 10:31 AM   #2
afsmith92
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer View Post
For example, lost maybe 30% overnight(8 hours).

Today , lost 6% over 3 hours.

Lid closed , nothing running.

I even looked at the console log and saw no activity from 17:30am today until 10:30am today (when I opened the lid)

Running latest version of Mavericks...

Any ideas ?


TIA.

Same thing happened to me last night. I saw that my air was fully charged, so I unplugged it. This morning, it's got 70% charge.

I realized this may be because I had a usb kvm switch plugged in. It probably drew power from that.
afsmith92 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:14 AM   #3
udflyer
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by afsmith92 View Post
Same thing happened to me last night. I saw that my air was fully charged, so I unplugged it. This morning, it's got 70% charge.

I realized this may be because I had a usb kvm switch plugged in. It probably drew power from that.
My guess is still bugs with certain apps I must have and Mavericks....
udflyer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2013, 04:45 PM   #4
kage207
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer View Post
My guess is still bugs with certain apps I must have and Mavericks....
Got Power Nap enabled? if so, your battery will drain like that. Happened to me on ML too. 8 hours ~ 30% battery loss.
__________________
MBA 13", i5 1.8GHz, 8GM RAM, 128GB SSD
These are amazing products that enrich our lives that we see as toys, remember that they are expensive and should be used as tools to reach our dreams~
kage207 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just ordered an 11" MBA and have a quick question Anthony81586 MacBook Air 13 Feb 4, 2014 12:12 PM
Upgrading the 2011 MBA 11" - SATA3 SSD, yes!, but 2013 MBA battery? JPamplin MacBook Air 10 Sep 18, 2013 08:50 PM
Macbook Pro 15" 2012 battery drains while sleeping. What to do? phillyfan9090 MacBook Pro 3 Aug 30, 2013 11:39 AM
Battery drains fast when 3G on Tex-Twil iPhone 4 May 31, 2013 02:16 AM
"Enabling 3G" On My iPhone 5 Drains The Battery beeinformed iPhone 12 Dec 30, 2012 09:24 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC