Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donnia96

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
Twinleaf, Unova
Well, polycarbonate is a thermoplastic that is tough and pretty impact resistant. I don't personally own the case in question but if I had to guess I would say it is a hard case, not a rubber/soft one.

Just a small tidbit of the properties of polycarbonate:

"Unnotched polycarbonate is virtually unbreakable, making it extremely safe in areas where parts may be exposed to impact. When exposed to repeated heavy blow, the material tends to hold form rather than shatter."

Hope this helps, by the way I had been looking at this exact case like a week ago, it looks like a pretty good one, I might even get it myself.

EDIT:

I just looked at their iPod touch 4g NUDE case, the 5g NUDE is definitely a hard case. Both the 5g and the 4g are made of the same material and the 4g is clearly a hard one.

Take a look, second picture is the one that makes it clear.

http://www.switcheasy.com/product/NUDE_Touch4G

Just thought I'd add that, my previous answer was sort of an educated guess and less of a for sure answer.

Last edited:

Untethered

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2012
Boston, Ma
Get it. Plus it does say ultra-hard, it could have said weak yet be strong. All cases hold up strongly. Though, the kinda case your looking is best at being water-proof, and less on the protective side.
Best,
Willem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.