Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Picture Gallery

Old Sep 30, 2005, 11:18 AM   #101
gwuMACaddict
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatee
Lately I'm more into dress watches. There are several I'd like to get. I'm only interested in brands that make their own movements, like Lange, Patek, JLC, and such. No more ETA 2892 or Valjoux 7750 for me.
this is why i asked about the rolex and panerai obsession. great watches, but i think overpriced when compared to other's in the price range.

i love my JLC and wouldn't think of parting with it. also consider blancpain- they make some very sporty watches, but with incredibly beautiful piguet movements (that were designed specifically for blancpain).

for watches, i prefer timezone.com
Old Dec 12, 2005, 07:12 PM   #102
maestro55
macrumors 68030

Send a message via ICQ to maestro55 Send a message via AIM to maestro55 Send a message via MSN to maestro55 Send a message via Yahoo to maestro55 Send a message via Skype™ to maestro55
This is my current watch that I have had for several years and it has certainly taken a beating over the time that I have had it. The band broke a couple of weeks ago, and I have yet to replace it, so I just carry it around in my pocket. For an $80 watch it has served its purpose.

My next watch will cost me a bit more.. but no not the most expensive watch in the world. Rather cheap compared to many of the ones the other users have here, at only $350.

But I like it...
Old Dec 12, 2005, 08:41 PM   #103
DISCOMUNICATION
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to DISCOMUNICATION
Time to drink

I tried to scan mine, but only the numbers around the outside of the face were in focus. Think I'll finally break down and spend some money next year (DigiCam, iPodnano, LCD TV, MacTel, ect.)
I stopped wearing wrist watches years ago. Used to like to wear them 1/3 of the way up my fore arm. I can't find any with a leather band that big anymore. Been carrying pocket watches ever since. That's a bottle opener on the end. I don't drink alcohol, but I do get a lot of use out of it. Need it to open Jarritos when I eat at Anna's at least once a week. I also enjoy a ginger beer on these cold winter nights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FossilFob.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	36779  
DISCOMUNICATION is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:44 PM   #104
Kyle Nerder
macrumors regular

The best watch ever!

Polar S410 - Heart Rate Monitor

This watch is perfect. Comfy, light and really tech.

The heart rate monitor is downloadable (to PC only), but it's great for for what I do. I race cars and looking at your watch while you drive isn't a option. After a session I download it and it graphs out all my info. So tech!

Great for cycling as well.
Attached Images

Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:53 PM   #105
cgratti
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to cgratti
here's my pocketwatch...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2003-09-01--Big%20Ben.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	36787  
Old Dec 13, 2005, 08:32 AM   #106
epochblue
macrumors 68000

Skagen 233LSS

Picked this little baby up for my birthday recently. To truly appreciate it, you need to see it from the side - delightfully simple and stunningly slim.
Attached Images

Old Dec 14, 2005, 07:04 PM   #107
Sammis89
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by epochblue
Picked this little baby up for my birthday recently. To truly appreciate it, you need to see it from the side - delightfully simple and stunningly slim.
My dad has one of those, and i just love "borrowing" it when i need a nice watch that doesnt add 15 pounds to me.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 07:11 PM   #108
bursty
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to bursty
Quote:
I've also fallen victim to the current Panerai craze...
I love the Paneria's. My current infatuation is the Harry Winston Opus V. Only $105k

Old Dec 14, 2005, 07:35 PM   #109
jefhatfield
Retired

just a $130 dollar g-shock (read my review on epinions.com g-shock, g-511) because i also trash watches and i wanted the toughest watch out there that i could find...i didn't care if i had to spend way more, either

of course, i could have got a diver watch from omega, rock solid, but that would have been ridiculous for me, both with my lack of income and lack of social occasions where i would wear such a watch in that $1,000-$20,000 dollar range that they are most famous for, behind only rolex

i know in that range rado makes some really nice looking watches that don't look so utilitarian but still have the full toughness of an omega or rolex dive watch, yet they are thin

i found out that any super tough watch that also is thin and goes well as a dinner watch/formal watch is no less than a grand...it seems like solid movements with all the shock protection and water resistance 200m or above takes a lot of high end swiss technology so i guess that's what really steered me to a much more affordable thick watch...if money were no object, i would want swiss accuracy in a swiss quartz movement or maybe an automatic chronometer, 300m water resistance, shock resistance, and some 18k gold to highlight brushed and polished stainless steel but that's usually over three grand (ie... breitling, omega, jaeger-lecoultre, tutima) and i would probably get a powerbook instead

yeah, and i could get a swatch, and that would be like getting an omega or rado, because swatch owns those two companies, and a dozen or so more luxury companies...but we don't really need to know that

Last edited by jefhatfield; Dec 14, 2005 at 10:41 PM.
jefhatfield is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 10:18 PM   #110
Xenious
macrumors 6502a

Oh hell yes! That is niiiiiiiiiice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bursty
I love the Paneria's. My current infatuation is the Harry Winston Opus V. Only $105k

http://www.ornatus-mundi.ch/images/W...W_Opus_V_1.jpg

Last edited by Mitthrawnuruodo; May 1, 2007 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Removed image from quote
Xenious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 05:07 PM   #111
LeningradCowboy
macrumors newbie

Apple watch

The only working watch I have.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	applewatches.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	37452  
Old Dec 24, 2005, 05:22 PM   #112
amacgenius
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to amacgenius
I used to use a Blue Fossil watch, but the crystal top got scratched really bad, so for Christmas my mom bought me this watch:

Old Dec 24, 2005, 05:40 PM   #113
gangst
macrumors 6502a

Here's my Tag Heuer Aqua Racer, got it for my Birthday not even a month ago, but I love it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CAF2110.BA0809.JPG.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	37453  
gangst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 06:01 PM   #114
Dagless
macrumors Core

I have a Casio G-Shock 20th Anniversary watch. theres a number for it but I cant remember anno/digital is in there somewhere. i love it! my 18th birthday present! extremely tough too. its been everywhere and back with me.

ooo, it would make a good photography subject...

from some shop site. but mine has a blue back rather than black.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 09:53 PM   #115
~Shard~
macrumors P6

Send a message via Skype™ to ~Shard~
Lots of nice watches here, thanks for the pics everyone. I don't have a pic handy, but I love my blue-faced Storm watch.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:24 PM   #116
prostuff1
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacgenius
I used to use a Blue Fossil watch, but the crystal top got scratched really bad, so for Christmas my mom bought me this watch:

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/...elet-watch.jpg
It is a good thign you are not as picky as me. I had a nice watch i use to were only for church and dress ocassions. Well i liked it so much that now it is my everyday watch.

Mom was just going to go get me one for christmas but decided that i should have a say in picking one out. Well i have been looking for about a wekk now and still have not found that right one.

Damn i really need to be less picky!!!

Last edited by Mitthrawnuruodo; May 1, 2007 at 02:28 AM. Reason: removed image from quote
prostuff1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2005, 01:14 PM   #117
jalagl
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to jalagl
I have a green G-Shock that I've had for the past 10+ years. The thing is indestructable, and it is also BIG... I just love it.

For when I need to dress up, I have a fancy Seiko Kinetic Titanium watch. I love the way it looks.
jalagl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 07:23 PM   #118
howesey
macrumors 6502a

Musical Fidelity (a hi-fi manufacturer) special edition watch.

The one with the white dial.

I also have a new Ben Sherman watch.
howesey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 08:14 PM   #119
MacAztec
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to MacAztec
The Banks

My girlfriend just gave me "The Banks" watch by Nixon for Christmas. I don't know, or have seen, a person with this watch yet, but I love it. It looks pretty sweet.
Attached Images

MacAztec is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 11:41 PM   #120
brepublican
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Among others...
Geeze man. Thats a (ish)-load of watches... Do you collect them?
"I've got some eggs here. the powerbook is in the car. i was going to make an omelet on my way home."
brepublican is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 01:01 AM   #121
iBS23
macrumors member

Here's Mine:

http://www.zenith-watches.com/script...0&pageid=3_1_6

and

Ok, maybe not . . . (yet?). When I do where a watch, this is it:

iBS23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 01:05 AM   #122
jefhatfield
Retired

nice watch, ibs23, when you get it...and remember, do not get the thing wet since it's not the best bet for a dive watch
Old Jan 1, 2006, 01:20 AM   #123
prostuff1
macrumors 65816

I just got this one for christmas. It took me about a week to finally find one that i really liked. I wanted something simple and dressy so i could wear it for church and special ocassions.
Attached Images

Old Jan 1, 2006, 01:28 AM   #124
hookahco
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to hookahco
now that you guys mention it.. im about to buy either a tungsten movado or an aquamaster.. still trying to decide. i absolutely love the bently breitling though..

QUICK!! BID ON MY HOOKAH!
hookahco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:56 AM   #125
jefhatfield
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahco
now that you guys mention it.. im about to buy either a tungsten movado or an aquamaster.. still trying to decide. i absolutely love the bently breitling though..

QUICK!! BID ON MY HOOKAH!
for the general public, rolex, omega, and movado are the known names for prestige watches, but the breitling is probably just as good for less on any comparable watch line

i looked at an air king for 3700. from rolex, omega had a very similar watch for about 2700., but breitling basically had the same thing for less than half that price of the rolex and the breitling was the most attractive and had more functions

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Picture Gallery