Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Original poster
All the American talk of expedited shipping and free toys thrown in doesn't seem to apply to us so we can have our own thread without having to filter through a ton of irrelevant info.

I'm one of the unlucky ones with a Jan delivery date (but still hoping for a change to the date in the next couple of weeks).

Dispatched: 3 - 4 Weeks
Delivers: 02 Jan, 2013 - 04 Jan, 2013 by Standard Shipping
Part Number: Z0MR

With the following configuration:
2.9GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GT 660MX 512MB GDDR5
Magic Trackpad

maehara

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2003
Northern Ireland
I got in early. 2-3 weeks, with a 21 Dec - 2 Jan window. All the teardowns and unboxings I'm seeing for the 21" are making that seem a loooong time away, though...

Ordered my system (low-end 27-in with 3TB fusion and trackpad instead of mouse) within five minutes of the site going live. I had already set up my address and credit card details so I was ultra quick.

Then I realised my Apple One-to-One was expiring Feb 2013 and I'd read somewhere you could only buy One-to-One when you buy a system. So I ordered another system, as above but with One-to-One, intending to cancel the first order.

Both systems are due to be delivered 21-Dec through 2-Jan, however I've since found that I can extend my current One-to-One so it's the second order which I should cancel. However I'm inclined to wait a bit and find out what the real delivery dates are. I'm hoping earlier than 21 Dec seeing as non-BTO systems were being quoted as two weeks delivery.

Last edited:

Adam552

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2006
Liverpool, UK.
Delivers: 21st Dec-2nd Jan (UK, BTO)
Dispatch: 2-3 Weeks

I to was refreshing the page until the button popped up, then quickly rushed the checkout.

medi.freak

macrumors regular
May 26, 2011
I was going to order right away, but when I saw the estimated delivery of 27th-1st, I hesitated and decided to order when delivery times go to 8th-15th January, since that is the week I am back from snowboarding...

I really hoped for it to get here before the 23rd, but since that was out, I guess I will have it early next year.
btw, I am located in Germany.

Also: Do you guys know if there are Fusion Drive models of the 21,5" available in the Apple Store?
I am asking because if that was the case, maybe I could just drive to the nearest Apple Store before christmas and just get it there?

skyenet

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
Near Glasgow - Scotland
Was the first person through on the phone to a salesperson at Education Store UK when I saw the iMacs go live in the USA. It took a few minutes to confirm that the iMacs were available in the UK (at that point they were still not showing on the UK site) and placed my order.

Then of course the problem arouse at Credit Card authorisation time. Despite having phoned my credit card company the night before to advise them of my likely purchase, their automatic systems blocked my card :mad::mad::mad: Luckily I had my Debit Card on me so that went through okay and a few minutes later I got my email confirmation :D

System Came to £2162 (still to buy AppleCare) with delivery 21st Dec-2nd Jan

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB (I have 4x8GB Crucial Memory Ready for it)

3TB Fusion Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

Apple Magic Mouse

Apple Wireless Keyboard (British) & User's Guide (English)

Accessory Kit

Getting it on the 21st would be awesome as I start my two week Xmas Holiday then :D

DarrenUK

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
Southampton, UK
• 2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
• 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
• 1TB Fusion Drive
• NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5
• APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
• Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-B
• COUNTRY KIT-B

Dispatch: 2-3 Weeks

Delivers: 21st Dec-2nd Jan

I am hoping that it will arrive before Xmas, before the 21st would be even better.

Last edited:

smr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Shropshire, UK
I ordered my 27-inch iMac at 8:30 on 30th Nov i.e. a few minutes after ordering went live

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
768GB Flash Storage
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple Num Kybd+User's Guide-B
COUNTRY KIT-B

Dispatched: 2 - 3 Weeks Delivers 21 Dec, 2012 - 02 Jan, 2013

I phoned Apple earlier today to ask about expedited shipping but I was told it wasn't possible :(

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Was the first person through on the phone to a salesperson at Education Store UK when I saw the iMacs go live in the USA. It took a few minutes to confirm that the iMacs were available in the UK (at that point they were still not showing on the UK site) and placed my order.

Then of course the problem arouse at Credit Card authorisation time. Despite having phoned my credit card company the night before to advise them of my likely purchase, their automatic systems blocked my card :mad::mad::mad: Luckily I had my Debit Card on me so that went through okay and a few minutes later I got my email confirmation :D

System Came to £2162 (still to buy AppleCare) with delivery 21st Dec-2nd Jan

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB (I have 4x8GB Crucial Memory Ready for it)

3TB Fusion Drive

Apple Magic Mouse

Accessory Kit

Getting it on the 21st would be awesome as I start my two week Xmas Holiday then :D

You do know that when you order on education store you get 3 years of hardware Applecare included for free?

It's not 3 years of phone support but is 3 years hardware.

skyenet

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
Near Glasgow - Scotland
You do know that when you order on education store you get 3 years of hardware Applecare included for free?

It's not 3 years of phone support but is 3 years hardware.

Are you sure!!!!!!!! I think this stopped a while ago. Why else would it give the option of AppleCare on my iMac at the online store??? Would be nice if it is true ;)

lucasfunkt

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Dispatched: 3 - 4 Weeks
Delivers: 28 Dec, 2012 - 04 Jan, 2013 by Standard Shipping

With the following configuration:
•
•
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
•
1TB Fusion Drive
•
•
Magic Trackpad
•
•
Accessory Kit

I'd love to get it before the end of the year.

Does anyone know what courier service Apple uses in this country?

ifraaank

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2012
Odense C, Denmark
I am pretty confident that i were the first one to order in Denmark. :D But mine says: Dispatched: 2-3 weeks, Delivery: 27 Dec - 3 Jan... Hopefully it changes. :cool:

maehara

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2003
Northern Ireland
Are you sure!!!!!!!! I think this stopped a while ago. Why else would it give the option of AppleCare on my iMac at the online store??? Would be nice if it is true ;)

Only applies to Higher Education National Contract purchases, not all education, but it's still there - used this myself when I ordered mine. Uplift to full 3-year AppleCare was offered for £45, but I didn't take it (only difference between the Higher Ed 3-yr warranty and AppleCare is the extra 2-yrs of 'phone support, IIRC).

For Higher Ed pricing, you either need to be accessing the Apple Store from your university network, or give them a call & have some proof of your student registration on hand in case they ask - sometimes they do, sometimes they don't...

alias99

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2010

You get 3 years hardware for sure if you order online. Apple care is to extend the telephone support to 3 years as well.

Patchwork

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
Near Preston, UK
My order details are
Dispatched: 3 - 4 Weeks Delivers 02 Jan, 2013 - 07 Jan, 2013

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD-Z

Looking at the posts the i7, 1TB fusion and GTX 680MX appears to be a popular combination. Will make a nice upgrade to my white 24" iMac I've had for the last 5.5 years :)

Fifemacuser

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
Anyone know the difference between the basic education discount and the higher ed one?

My wife works in schools, but I have relatives at Uni, so could get them to order for me or Getting AppleCare free seems a good incentive nevermind anything else!

David632

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
Just been reading some American posts and it appears that beside there free gifts they received (why we dident get one is beyond me) if they call up regarding there shipping dates, they get them changed to a few days earlier , just wondering if that will apply to us Brits . My shipping date is 21 dec to 2nd jan, so want it before Christmas.

smr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Shropshire, UK
Anyone know the difference between the basic education discount and the higher ed one?

My wife works in schools, but I have relatives at Uni, so could get them to order for me or Getting AppleCare free seems a good incentive nevermind anything else!

Universities get a bigger discount (about 16% on Macs) compared with schools (about 6% I believe), and the HE (Higher Education) store orders include 3yrs repair warranty as standard. (Confusingly the HE store also offers an AppleCare upgrade, but this just buys an additional 2yrs phone support and costs less than full AppleCare).

Of course your Uni relatives would need to order for you (you need to be on the University network - probably ac.uk to access the HE store, or they can phone and need to give proof e.g. an ac.uk email address), and staff/students are limited in the number of Macs they can order each year. I also guess your relatives would need to deal with any repairs etc.

----------

Just been reading some American posts and it appears that beside there free gifts they received (why we dident get one is beyond me) if they call up regarding there shipping dates, they get them changed to a few days earlier , just wondering if that will apply to us Brits . My shipping date is 21 dec to 2nd jan, so want it before Christmas.

I tried this and was told it was not possible (UK order).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.