Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Dec 1, 2012, 02:10 PM   #1
wrldwzrd89
macrumors G4

USB Xbox Controller doesn't work on OS X, works on other OSes

Title says it all, really... not sure what's going on. I plug it in, but OS X doesn't recognize it. Checking the hardware info tool thingy says that an unknown device is plugged into the USB port.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 06:13 PM   #2
JaguarGod
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrldwzrd89 View Post
Title says it all, really... not sure what's going on. I plug it in, but OS X doesn't recognize it. Checking the hardware info tool thingy says that an unknown device is plugged into the USB port.
Well, there are games like Rage that work with the XBOX 360 USB controller natively without any drivers. It is not plug and play on OSX. Other games will require third party drivers to be downloaded from tattiebogle.net I think. But be careful, these third party drivers will interfere with games released that work natively with the 360 controller from Aspyr like Rage. Check Aspyr support for more info on that situation.

It can be all very confusing sometimes right?
JaguarGod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 04:34 AM   #3
wrldwzrd89
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarGod View Post
Well, there are games like Rage that work with the XBOX 360 USB controller natively without any drivers. It is not plug and play on OSX. Other games will require third party drivers to be downloaded from tattiebogle.net I think. But be careful, these third party drivers will interfere with games released that work natively with the 360 controller from Aspyr like Rage. Check Aspyr support for more info on that situation.

It can be all very confusing sometimes right?
This isn't a 360 controller. Other OSes identify it as such (XBOX CONTROLLER).

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games