Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LandonDonovan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I have a 2-year-old iPhone 4 that has never been used or activated. The software was v. 4.0. I tried to activate it with an AT&T SIM, but that failed(We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time).

I purchased an unlock code and then tried a T-Mobile SIM, but I got the same error. I then jailbroke it with redsn0w, but it wouldn't bypass the activation screen.

I upgraded to 6.0.1 with hacktivation using sn0wbreeze, but it still forced me to the activation screen on the iPhone after choosing my WiFi. (Activation request could not be completed. If the problem persists, please contact customer care).

I contacted Apple support over the phone, but they couldn't help me because the iPhone is two years old. I don't want to take it to the Apple store for a replacement because it's out of warranty, and I believe the hardware is perfectly fine.

The device is jailbroken with Cydia, so I'm hoping I can add or check for activation bundles with iPhoneBrowser to get me past the activation screen.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Product description: iPhone 4 32GB Black
Activation status: Not activated
Is registered: No
Sim lock status: Unlocked

LandonDonovan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
reflash 6.01 and JB with redsn0w, during process make sure deactivate is not checked.

did you try this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hk5Tm_m91Y

Thanks for the help. I bypassed the activation step, setup the iPhone, and got to the Home screen. I boot tethered back into Cydia, downloaded SAM, and got kicked back to the activation screen. I restarted and bypassed the activation screen. I boot tethered again, got back into SAM, and the ActivationState showed "Unactivated" even though I should have been hacktivated. Carrier shows up as "Not available," in settings. I installed ultrasn0w and ultrasn0w fixer for 1.59.00 and still get No Service and carrier: Not Available. I think Apple needs to set this iPhone back up with AT&T somehow. Model No. is 319LL.

LandonDonovan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
If it's an AT&T iPhone why don't you buy an imei unlock for it on eBay for a few dollars?

The problem is it was never registered, so it can't be activated. Even though, it's unlocked, Apple has rendered it invalid for some reason.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

The problem is it was never registered, so it can't be activated. Even though, it's unlocked, Apple has rendered it invalid for some reason.

That's weird.
You're sure it wasn't reported lost or stolen and got blacklisted?

seifhatem

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2010
Egypt
This is for 2 reasons
Either stolen/blacklisted
or mismatch of your iphone data on apple server
This can only be fixed by fixing data on apple database
contact me if you want to do it

I have the solution and tested with proof

LandonDonovan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
That's weird.
You're sure it wasn't reported lost or stolen and got blacklisted?

Well, I bought it off a middle-aged woman who is the co-owner of a plumbing company, so I doubt she stole it. She literally never used it when she bought it two years ago for some reason, maybe due to the activation issue. I gave her $150 for it because it probably was never used, but I wasn't sure if I had to swap out the logic board.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Well, I bought it off a middle-aged woman who is the co-owner of a plumbing company, so I doubt she stole it. She literally never used it when she bought it two years ago for some reason, maybe due to the activation issue. I gave her $150 for it because it probably was never used, but I wasn't sure if I had to swap out the logic board.

So middle aged plumbing ladies don't pull scams?:D

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Thanks for the help. I bypassed the activation step, setup the iPhone, and got to the Home screen. I boot tethered back into Cydia, downloaded SAM, and got kicked back to the activation screen. I restarted and bypassed the activation screen. I boot tethered again, got back into SAM, and the ActivationState showed "Unactivated" even though I should have been hacktivated. Carrier shows up as "Not available," in settings. I installed ultrasn0w and ultrasn0w fixer for 1.59.00 and still get No Service and carrier: Not Available. I think Apple needs to set this iPhone back up with AT&T somehow. Model No. is 319LL.

If youi deactivated it with SAM and then bypassed the activation it will show deactivated.

Go in to SAM and Uitilities

Select Deactivate, revert Lockdownd to Stock.
Turn wifi off and restart it.

As it is unlocked it should activate when connecting to itunes.

LandonDonovan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
It's a dud. It says I need to choose the SIMID in the options, but I was on auto-detect and went through every USA carrier. It's funny that the IMEI checkers say it's AT&T and unlocked already. I'm gonna pay $100 to have the IMEI repaired.

We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time.
Please try again later, or contact customer care.

If youi deactivated it with SAM and then bypassed the activation it will show deactivated.

Go in to SAM and Uitilities

Select Deactivate, revert Lockdownd to Stock.
Turn wifi off and restart it.

As it is unlocked it should activate when connecting to itunes.

djhorror

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2012
This is for 2 reasons
Either stolen/blacklisted
or mismatch of your iphone data on apple server
This can only be fixed by fixing data on apple database
contact me if you want to do it

I have the solution and tested with proof

hey Seifhatem.. i have the exact same situation as the original poster.. i would be ready to try anything... how exactly do i contact you!:)

----------

It's a dud. It says I need to choose the SIMID in the options, but I was on auto-detect and went through every USA carrier. It's funny that the IMEI checkers say it's AT&T and unlocked already. I'm gonna pay $100 to have the IMEI repaired.

We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time.
Please try again later, or contact customer care.

Landon, have you tried this IMER repair? Has is worked! In exactly the same boat :(

seifhatem

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2010
Egypt
hey Seifhatem.. i have the exact same situation as the original poster.. i would be ready to try anything... how exactly do i contact you!:)

----------

Landon, have you tried this IMER repair? Has is worked! In exactly the same boat :(

As I said guys I can fix it and I'll be providing a proof also if you wish ;)
If you want to contact me cintact me by pm because it's illegal to post contact information on forum

Br,
Seif Hatem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.