Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 1, 2012, 02:39 PM   #1
Ticker
macrumors newbie

Quicken - ? New Version for macs

Quicken Essentials and Quicken 7 for Macs are terribly basic and with them you can't follow your investments etc properly. They are far weaker than the Windows Quicken versions which get regular upgrades. I don't want to use the Windows version on my Mac utilizing Parallels etc. Any idea if Intuit has any plans for a true Mac upgrade? Its mind boggling why Intuit would ignore a growing Mac family this way.
Ticker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 02:47 PM   #2
turtle777
macrumors 6502

Been there, and gave up on it.

I converted to Quicken Premier for Windows. It's the only reason I keep Parallels around, but it works. Quicken for Mac is such a POS crippleware, this will never change.

You can also run Quicken 2012 in Crossover. It has some GUI bugs, but works.

-t
turtle777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 03:01 PM   #3
FoxFifth
macrumors regular

I switched to iBank http://www.iggsoftware.com/ibank/ -- there is a bit of a learning curve but I didn't want to buy and install Windows on my Mac.
FoxFifth is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 03:19 PM   #4
mic j
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxFifth View Post
I switched to iBank http://www.iggsoftware.com/ibank/ -- there is a bit of a learning curve but I didn't want to buy and install Windows on my Mac.
I tried it, and others, just can't get over putting all of my personal financial data in some web companies cloud. At least with Quicken, it's right here on my HD, backed up and always available to me...even if Quicken goes bankrupt.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 05:18 PM   #5
FoxFifth
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic j View Post
I tried it, and others, just can't get over putting all of my personal financial data in some web companies cloud. At least with Quicken, it's right here on my HD, backed up and always available to me...even if Quicken goes bankrupt.
It is not in the cloud (at least it's not if you just use the Mac version -- not sure about the iPad versions or syncing). I use the Mac version and all of the data is on my Mac hard drive and nowhere else.
FoxFifth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 05:46 PM   #6
mic j
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxFifth View Post
It is not in the cloud (at least it's not if you just use the Mac version -- not sure about the iPad versions or syncing). I use the Mac version and all of the data is on my Mac hard drive and nowhere else.
Really? I thought it was one of those web based apps. I tried 3 or 4 maybe a year back, so my recollection must be off. Thanks for correcting me on that.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store