Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
I just restored my phone and i am trying to get all my music downloaded onto it from itunes match how do i do this? how do i use both itunes and i tunes match and not get duplicate songs...

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
I'm assuming you meant you've turned on iTunes Match on your Mac. With iTunes Match turned on, all your music is sent to the cloud. This is either an "ON" or "OFF" proposition. Once your music is in the cloud, all your iOS devices can access these from anywhere. However, on the iOS device you have to enable iTunes Match through settings.

If you are wanting to manually sync music from iTunes to your iOS device, then there is very little reason to use iTunes Match other than to upgrade your digital music to the higher bit rates from Apple.

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
I'm assuming you meant you've turned on iTunes Match on your Mac. With iTunes Match turned on, all your music is sent to the cloud. This is either an "ON" or "OFF" proposition. Once your music is in the cloud, all your iOS devices can access these from anywhere. However, on the iOS device you have to enable iTunes Match through settings.

If you are wanting to manually sync music from iTunes to your iOS device, then there is very little reason to use iTunes Match other than to upgrade your digital music to the higher bit rates from Apple.

yes wanted to upgrade my music but i also dont want to always stream how do i get the music back to iPhone?

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
iTunes Match doesn't stream it, it downloads the songs you play, or your playlist. Stop being afraid of it and go explore, it's pretty obvious and easy to use.

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
As verwon said, it is really simple. Once you've turned on iTunes Match on your computer, all your music will be "in the cloud"

Now, turn iTunes Match "ON" on your iPhone or iOS device. When you do, you'll be prompted that all the current music on your device will be deleted and you will now being using iTunes in the Cloud.

As soon as you accept this prompt with "OKAY" all your cloud base music will be available on your device.

There are 2 ways to download this music to your iOS device. 1. play any song...it will stream and download at the same time. 2. click on the cloud icon located next to the album art. This will download the music without playing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.