Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Is it me that the original Pokemon theme song is one of the songs from Zelda 1 on the NES? I don't know where my Zelda 1 for my GameBoy Advance is to check this. :/

Hugh

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I've got both the original Pokemon and Zelda soundtracks in my iTunes, which ones should I listen to? Do you mean the opening intro to Pokemon, the menu music, battle music?

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Title screen of Pokemon, I'm not sure where it's played in Zelda 1 (title screen as well?)

What made me ask is because I have a live concert recording of someone's orchestra playing the music from Super Smash Brothers songs. When it get to the Pokemon BGM it sure sounds like it's from Zelda. Damn, I wish I could find my Zelda! :(

Hugh

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
I know this is an old thread of mine, but was wondering if anybody can help this old gamer soul. Anyone willing to help me and prove that I'm not crazy??!!

Hugh

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
I'd say the songs are very similar - that caught my attention after playing the original Zelda and then playing Pokemon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.