Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 1, 2012, 07:25 PM   #1
seri0uslee
macrumors newbie

Volume Knob Issue with Lion

Does anyone have this issue or know how to fix it? After upgrading to osx lion 10.7.2 everything was working fine but the volume knob stays at one spot and won't move even if i move it. and when i move it lags like crazy and then returns to its original spot where the volume was before. how do i fix this? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
seri0uslee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 07:41 PM   #2
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by seri0uslee View Post
Does anyone have this issue or know how to fix it? After upgrading to osx lion 10.7.2 everything was working fine but the volume knob stays at one spot and won't move even if i move it. and when i move it lags like crazy and then returns to its original spot where the volume was before. how do i fix this? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Went through this myself. Not only did I lose my volume control, it pretty much stopped my iMac. Everything I tried to enter just locked up. Especially my System Preferences. I tried virtually everything to get it to work including doing a fresh install to no avail. I ended up taking it to an Apple Store and it took them 2 weeks to finally get it to work. When I got the iMac back all was fine but Apple could never give me a definitive answer as to what the problem was. They told me it took them 4 times of doing a fresh install before it finally worked for them. Have never had a problem since and I now run Mountain Lion. Have you tried it from your system preferences to see if you can get it to move?
firedept is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 08:58 PM   #3
seri0uslee
macrumors newbie

yes. I've tried everything. this is the only problem in lion. its really annoying but i need this volume knob to move lol. lions great but i guess I'm going to have to upgrade to mountain lion. What are the advantages or differences from mountain lion n lion? oh and i also have an apogee duet as my audio interface. might that have anything to do with this?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 05:30 AM   #4
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

No big difference between Lion and ML. I do find ML to run quicker and smoother even though I am running same programs as I was under Lion. Lion for some reason always made my Mac slow. Not sure apogee has anything to do with it. Try removing it from the equation and see if it changes anything.
firedept is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:01 PM   #5
seri0uslee
macrumors newbie

im feelin the mountain lion features a little more than lion. figured out the problem for the volume. it was the apogee with some technical difficulties. i have no idea if other ppl have experienced the duet making the volume knob not move but when i unplugged it it worked fine. but now i have another problem I need the apogee cuz i do a lot of music sequencing and mixing lol. and also is the volume knob still suppose to be kind of whit/greyed out? it was black in leopard.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help