Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Dec 3, 2012, 03:12 PM   #1
superx
macrumors member

Different Views for your own homeshared media?

Apple is right now all over the place with Consistency on there products.

On the Ipad we get a nice Wallpaper view of the movies/tv shows we own. Same with Itunes11.

I would like this for Apple TV. Right now if you click on computers it just shows a list with your movies with the 1 poster on the left.. I would love the ability to switch.

Am I missing a menu somewhere to switch this?
superx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 04:55 PM   #2
DP812
macrumors regular

I wish I could say you were missing something, but it just plain doesn't exist. This is my biggest gripe with the Apple TV, the way it forces you into a Front Row format for your home shared media, but allows grid and/or coverflow for iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, etc. Every time there's an update, I keep hoping another viewing option has been added. Been close to a year now since I got an aTV with no luck. It's an annoyance for those (like me) who have very large movie libraries.
DP812 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater