Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:15 AM   #1
Androidfan1x
macrumors regular

Does it have a plastic fim on the screen?

Just applied a screen protector and look great but I just read a review on amazon someone said there is a "screen protector" already on the screen (I think he means the plastic film that most devices these days come with). He said he applied the screen protector he bought (which is the one I bought) on the plastic film and he ended up have both his screen protector and the plastic film pulled off

http://www.amazon.com/review/RW51IWM...=&nodeID=&tag=

and somehow I feel like there's a plastic film on my screen too, but it's pretty much impossible to peel it off?
And my screen protector sticks pretty well. So does it really have a plastic film already or not? Should I be worried?

(my device is ipod touch 5g)
Old Dec 2, 2012, 08:04 AM   #2
Plutonius
macrumors 601

The 5th gen has a coating on the screen to make it resistant (not immune) to fingerprints. I have never heard of a screen protector coming off and pulling the coating off with it. It almost sounds like the person used a substance on the screen that he shouldn't have (acetone, etc).
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:57 PM   #3
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidfan1x View Post
Just applied a screen protector and look great but I just read a review on amazon someone said there is a "screen protector" already on the screen (I think he means the plastic film that most devices these days come with). He said he applied the screen protector he bought (which is the one I bought) on the plastic film and he ended up have both his screen protector and the plastic film pulled off

http://www.amazon.com/review/RW51IWM...=&nodeID=&tag=

and somehow I feel like there's a plastic film on my screen too, but it's pretty much impossible to peel it off?
And my screen protector sticks pretty well. So does it really have a plastic film already or not? Should I be worried?

(my device is ipod touch 5g)

There's no film attached to the screen that needs to be removed before use.
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 07:54 PM   #4
raccoonboy
macrumors 6502a

As same as all Ipod touch gen, there is a piece of plastic cover printed picture of the ipod touch home screen. There shouldn't be any pre-installed screen protector on the device.
raccoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch