Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
I synced my main iTunes library to iTunes Match when the service was introduced. At that time, if I tried to sync a second Mac, it made it clear that the existing stuff in the cloud would be removed and replaced with the library from this second Mac.

I read something recently suggesting that multiple Macs and their libraries can now be integrated into the existing sync to produce a sort of master library drawn from more than one Mac (each with different or somewhat different libraries).

Is that right? My Mini media server at home is synced. If I now add iTunes Match to my MacBook Pro, will it just integrate the extra songs or replace my library in the cloud? I'd hate to go through re-uploading what is on the Mini.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I'm pretty sure it never said anything about removing the library in the cloud (I was an iTunes Match subscriber from day 1 as well). It always said "Add this computer" and made it clear that it would add the music from that computer, and you would then be able to access all of your added music on any of your devices. If my memory's faulty and it did at some point behave differently, it certainly works that way now.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.