Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 2, 2012, 05:00 AM   #1
blinkie
macrumors regular

iMovie08 says my video is too big for YouTube. It's wrong.

Hello again,

I'm having a strange problem with iMovie08 when I try to upload a video to YouTube. The video is 700mb and about 12 minutes long. I've upgraded my YouTube account to allow 15 minute long videos but iMove keeps telling me that my video must be under 10 minutes for it to allow me to upload it.
How can I convince iMove that I am right and it is wrong?

Thanks and love,

B
blinkie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:33 PM   #2
Madd the Sane
macrumors 6502

A roundabout way to do it is to export the movie as a local movie file then use QuickTime X to upload to YouTube.
Madd the Sane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:39 PM   #3
blinkie
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd the Sane View Post
A roundabout way to do it is to export the movie as a local movie file then use QuickTime X to upload to YouTube.
Thanks Madd, I did indeed just save the movie to my desktop and uploaded it via the YouTube website. But I liked the 'in app' method. If anyone's got a technique for fixing imovie I'd love to hear it.
blinkie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store