Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 2, 2012, 05:28 AM   #1
Stephen Valente
macrumors newbie

Read/write data via wifi

Looking at getting my first iPad, and thinking of selling on my MacBook Pro, but would like an external data storage solution for the iPad if possible?

Any suggestions as to the best options for hooking up a hard drive to my routers USB socket so I can backup the iPad and retrieve data from it too?

Also, don't think I really need a cellular model because I can tether to my iPhone 4 under my carriers data plan. Is this a good compromise, despite losing the ability to have hardware GPS on the iPad wifi model?
Stephen Valente is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:17 PM   #2
imlovinit
macrumors regular

Is the ipad replacing your MacBook Pro? Personally, if I need to use an external hard drive and often, better off with the MacBook Pro. Then using the iCloud or Dropbox for anything I need to back up on the ipad.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad