Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:24 PM   #1
Dream.Finder
macrumors member

iMovie HD/iDVD Project Length for DVD's?

Hello all,

Just a few questions. I am *nearly* finished editing a vacation movie project and it has turned out being around 3 hours and 43 some odd minutes long. The max length my DVD-R discs can hold are two hours, so I know I'll have to divide them between two discs. My question is this...

I am planning to add chapter selections and menus to both part 1 and 2 of my discs, complete with music and simple still pictures for some of the drop-zones. Will my disc be able to accommodate that? How long should I each section of my video be chopped down to (for each disc parts 1 and 2) so that it will fit on?

Any suggestions/information you can provide would be awesome.
Dream.Finder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:53 PM   #2
Dave Braine
macrumors 68020

You could always use a dual layer dvd for your project. Export to iDVD and it will tell you that the project is too long. Go into iDVD's Project Menu>Project Info...

There you'll get the option to choose a dual layer disc. You can also change the Encoding option to get more onto the dvd.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video