Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:08 PM   #1
crovali
macrumors member

Ordered 27" iMac on 30th, Payment Still Processing

Does anyone else have this problem? I ordered it the first day they were available and the payment is still processing. I don't want the shipping time to slip to 4-5 weeks.
crovali is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:12 PM   #2
mchoffa
macrumors 6502

It will say processing until it's ready to ship. They do an authorization for the amount first, THEN actually charge when it's going out.
mchoffa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:12 PM   #3
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Apple doesn't charge until product ships. Whatever your deliver by date is is good. No worries unless your billing & ship to address don't match.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:32 PM   #4
Razorhog
macrumors 6502a

I used a debit card and the full amount showed up under pending transactions immediately. I'm not sure if it will actually come out once the banks open tomorrow or if it will go when the iMac ships. I hope it comes out tomorrow - easier to keep track of my balance that way.
Razorhog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:57 PM   #5
Roller
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorhog View Post
I used a debit card and the full amount showed up under pending transactions immediately. I'm not sure if it will actually come out once the banks open tomorrow or if it will go when the iMac ships. I hope it comes out tomorrow - easier to keep track of my balance that way.
For credit card purchases, the amount isn't deducted from your account until the iMac ships. I assume that it's posted as a pending transaction to assure that the credit limit won't be exceeded by subsequent purchases. I suspect that it's similar for debit cards - the money isn't actually transferred from your account yet, but is effectively set aside so it'll be there when the computer ships.

Personally, I would want the funds to remain in my account as long as possible, especially if it's an interest-bearing account or has other benefits that depend on maintaining a balance.

Last edited by Roller; Dec 2, 2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Added bit about balances
Roller is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:25 PM   #6
crovali
macrumors member

Thanks for the info guys.
crovali is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:33 AM   #7
iMcLovin
macrumors 65816

For me something very strange happened. Apple charged me two times when they reserved the amount for my imac. first they took the whole sum of the imac then a few secs later they reserved an amount of about $400+ for nothing I bought...
I have called them but haven´t heard anything back. I never accepted this withdrawal, kinda weird they can do that...I find such things rather serious and would expect an instant customer service to sort it out - which I haven't got yet.

Last edited by iMcLovin; Dec 3, 2012 at 02:05 AM.
iMcLovin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac