Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:35 AM   #1
Macman45
macrumors G5

Aperture Updated

I can't find this anywhere....Just aheads up. Aperture update today.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:02 AM   #2
Cheese&Apple
macrumors Demi-God

"About Aperture 3.4.3

Addresses an issue that could cause a licensed copy of Aperture to prompt for a serial number with each launch
"

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1610
Cheese&Apple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:50 AM   #3
Edge100
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese&Apple View Post
"About Aperture 3.4.3

Addresses an issue that could cause a licensed copy of Aperture to prompt for a serial number with each launch
"

I didn't realize that anyone was still using Aperture...

[ducks]
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:14 AM   #4
Macman45
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge100 View Post

[ducks]
"Throws Brick"... I still like it, although have been considering Adobe again..Trouble is, I had a major disagreement with them a few years back over licensing and I'm still mad at them. Aperture does the job if you know your way around though..
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:11 AM   #5
msandersen
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to msandersen
I've got a love/hate relationship with Aperture. I went over fulltime to Lightroom 4 when it came out just to give it a decent try, but in the end after a few months decided I just like Aperture better, despite my grievances over performance and resource use (eating up HD space). I'm hanging out for an Aperture 4, which *naturally* will fix all my issues! :P
msandersen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:10 AM   #6
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by msandersen View Post
I'm hanging out for an Aperture 4, which *naturally* will fix all my issues! :P
I hope you have taken the time to give Apple feedback on Aperture so you issues will be at least looked at by Apple. Will APple act on feedback they receive? It depends on what it is and how many people say the same thing.

Feedback that is both well thought out and written well has a better chance of being visible inside Apple. Feedback that isn't submitted has no chance at all of being seen.

Quote:

[ducks]
I have no desire to follow Adobe where their licensing scheme appears to be heading. Also, Aperture does what I need it to do and that is what really matters. For others they may need something Lightroom has - it all comes down to needs and preferences.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:18 AM   #7
Macman45
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by msandersen View Post
I've got a love/hate relationship with Aperture. I went over fulltime to Lightroom 4 when it came out just to give it a decent try, but in the end after a few months decided I just like Aperture better, despite my grievances over performance and resource use (eating up HD space). I'm hanging out for an Aperture 4, which *naturally* will fix all my issues! :P
Yes, the HDD space was an issue.....Until I solved it with the sledgehammer of a purchase.....My Pegasus R4! It's fast enough to do real time work too, not cheap but thunderbolt really does the job.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:19 PM   #8
Cheese&Apple
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese&Apple View Post
"About Aperture 3.4.3

"

Quote:

[ducks]
You Crazy Canuck

Btw, really nice shots on your website...even if you don't use Aperture.
Cheese&Apple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:38 PM   #9
Designer Dale
macrumors 68040

Oh, Lightroom. Now I understand what's wrong with all those pics...

(ducks with his ducks...)

Dale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:39 PM   #10
AxisOfBeagles
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designer Dale View Post
Oh, Lightroom. Now I understand what's wrong with all those pics...
LOVE it ...
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:53 PM   #11
Edge100
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by designer dale View Post
oh, lightroom. Now i understand what's wrong with all those pics...

(ducks with his ducks...)

dale
ouch!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 09:43 AM   #12
manni
macrumors member

Does anyone here have much experience using Nik software plug-ins like silver efex and their sharpening ones?

They seem absurdly expensive but get good reviews but mostly by people using lightroom - how do they work with aperture? It seems it takes you out aperture to a separate application which is a pity?

Like others here I am frustrated that Apple won't even give any indication of where they are taking Aperture. All my photography friends, even die-hard apple fans, have now abandoned it for lightroom. I just despise Adobe and love the way Aperture is integrated. I wonder if Apple is aware or even cares how frustrated serious photographers are.

So I was thinking about trying to boost Aperture with the Nik software bundle so can anyone offer their experience?
manni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:04 AM   #13
jdavtz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by manni View Post
Does anyone here have much experience using Nik software plug-ins like silver efex and their sharpening ones?

[...]

So I was thinking about trying to boost Aperture with the Nik software bundle so can anyone offer their experience?
You can download demo versions of all the Nik stuff from http://www.niksoftware.com/site/

To get more people's opinions, it'd probably be better to start a new thread about Nik software rather than posting in this one about Aperture updates.
jdavtz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:30 AM   #14
MCAsan
macrumors 68030

yep, Nik rocks as Apeture or LR plugin. I am just scared for them being taken over by Google.
iPad Air 2 | Silver | 128GB | WiFi only
MCAsan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:32 PM   #15
mustang_dvs
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by manni View Post

They seem absurdly expensive but get good reviews but mostly by people using lightroom - how do they work with aperture? It seems it takes you out aperture to a separate application which is a pity?

Like others here I am frustrated that Apple won't even give any indication of where they are taking Aperture. All my photography friends, even die-hard apple fans, have now abandoned it for lightroom. I just despise Adobe and love the way Aperture is integrated. I wonder if Apple is aware or even cares how frustrated serious photographers are.

I use them all the time. I love Silver Efex. (Of course I ordered the Nik academic bundle a few days before finally finding a B&W conversion method that truly emulates the films I love, but Silver Efex makes it so easy.)

Tons of examples (with conversion details) in my art nude (18+) photostream, on flickr.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Tags
aperture update