Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Dec 2, 2012, 04:45 PM   #1
cochlearmom
macrumors newbie

Power PC Software for Audio Recording?

Hello,

I recently gave my brother my older PowerBook G4. He is a guitar player/singer and would like to record music using his computer. I'm pretty savvy with both hardware and software, but audio recording is way out of my element. He is beyond Garage Band, so that is not an option. I've searched for a program and have found Logic Express as one that will work on the PPC and it's still available for purchase on Amazon. He was leaning towards Pro Tools, but I'm not finding version 7.7 available for purchase, which seems to be the version that works on a PPC.

I appreciate any advice on what we should do or recommendations on other software that is still available for the PPC.

Thank you,
Erin
cochlearmom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 05:24 PM   #2
Ariii
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to Ariii Send a message via AIM to Ariii Send a message via MSN to Ariii Send a message via Yahoo to Ariii
Quote:
Originally Posted by cochlearmom View Post
Hello,

I recently gave my brother my older PowerBook G4. He is a guitar player/singer and would like to record music using his computer. I'm pretty savvy with both hardware and software, but audio recording is way out of my element. He is beyond Garage Band, so that is not an option. I've searched for a program and have found Logic Express as one that will work on the PPC and it's still available for purchase on Amazon. He was leaning towards Pro Tools, but I'm not finding version 7.7 available for purchase, which seems to be the version that works on a PPC.

I appreciate any advice on what we should do or recommendations on other software that is still available for the PPC.

Thank you,
Erin
I might recommend Audacity for what you are doing... I started a thread here that might answer your question .
Tumblr
Ariii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:23 AM   #3
fastlanephil
macrumors 6502a

Audacity is more for working with recorded or rendered from MIDI audio files.

I use Sagan Technology Metro 6.5 as my main DAW for composing which still supports PPC. There is a SE version with an upgrade path to the other two versions. It's easy to learn and you and have direct support from the developer.

He's promising a major update to 7 before the end of the year with 20 new features.

http://www.sagantech.biz
fastlanephil is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio