Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 2, 2012, 06:38 PM   #1
DP812
macrumors regular

Movie playlists in iTunes

So I've got a strange problem with movie playlists. It existed in versions of iTunes prior to 11 and seems to still exist even now. I like to make playlists for series of movies, so James Bond, Dirty Harry, the Avengers, etc. I can set track numbers to have them organized the way I want in a playlist, but this only seems to work in list view. As soon as I change to a grid view, the order changes and the movies are listed in a seemingly random order. I've tried numerous times to fix, tried changing the view order, but iTunes keeps forcing my movies into this bizarre order. Anyone else have this problem and know of any fixes?
DP812 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:47 PM   #2
utazdevl
macrumors member

I am having a similar issue. I am having issue where smart playlists when in grid view refuse to list by title alphabetically? I have literally tried everything I can think of, and no matter what, when I set the little view option box to sort by title, it still sorts alphabetically by Artists (on videos, I have the Director as the artiest, so it sorts by first name of the director).

Frankly, I am just kind of glad I am not the only one with the issue. Was starting to think I was the oddball.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-02 at 9.41.03 PM.png
Views:	11
Size:	1,020.9 KB
ID:	381240  
utazdevl is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 04:52 AM   #3
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

I use smart playlist (not sure if that matters ) and sorting by year seems to work for me.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 05:29 AM   #4
DP812
macrumors regular

Sorting by year is fine for some collections, but not what I want for others. For example, with the Avengers movies, I want it to be Captain America, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, Avengers -- basically the chronology of the films. But sorting by year makes it Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor, Avengers.
DP812 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store