Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d0c

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
Looking to buy a NEW 2011 21.5" base iMac. Was wondering if anyone had any idea where to look and if there are any discounts with the release of the new model.

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
Compare the out-the-door price you see in the refurb bin at Apple to other reputable sites like Amazon and B&H. Sites like the latter don't charge sales tax which can add up to significant savings.

bizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
They completely dried up in distribution in the US months ago. If you are not in the US, maybe it'll be different, but you are most likely going to be just as hard pressed anywhere. If you do happen to find one, don't be surprised if you pay a premium over the original retail price because to some they are more desirable.

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Looking to buy a NEW 2011 21.5" base iMac. Was wondering if anyone had any idea where to look and if there are any discounts with the release of the new model.

NEW, no; you're likely SOL. Maybe Amazon.com, but given that there was more than a month between the announcement and shipping of the new iMacs, my guess is that stock is extremely low, if not nil at this point. Refurbished, I'm sure you'll be able to find with no trouble on Apple's site. Refurbished is a better deal anyway for more or less the same thing.

d0c

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll try different Apple stores and hope I get lucky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.