Ipod with Bluetooth Spying? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Aug 30, 2013, 02:02 PM   #1
Jay Kayess
macrumors newbie

Ipod with Bluetooth Spying?

My 'friend' gave me her old iPod after she had it "wiped clean" by the Apple Rep ..... everything, that is except the Bluetooth device of her home iMac.

Since Bluetooth was turned on & her device was the only one listed, was she able to see all of my emails before I discovered it and removed it? Any way to check or anything I can do now?

Please help.
Jay Kayess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2013, 07:30 PM   #2
chumawumba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Kayess View Post
My 'friend' gave me her old iPod after she had it "wiped clean" by the Apple Rep ..... everything, that is except the Bluetooth device of her home iMac.

Since Bluetooth was turned on & her device was the only one listed, was she able to see all of my emails before I discovered it and removed it? Any way to check or anything I can do now?

Please help.
It's not that simple. It is highly unlikely any if your personal information is on her iMac. Don't worry.
chumawumba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2013, 09:15 PM   #3
RoboWarriorSr
macrumors 6502

Unless you live to a room next to her, Bluetooth has extremely short range, maximum of around 30 feet and at that range latency would almost certainly be visible. Also Bluetooth protocol on Apple devices (except for Macs and possibly jailbroken iOS devices) are limited to only certain tasks that Apple has API's for. In other words it would be impossible for her to spy on you with Bluetooth signals. Just delete the paired signal if it annoys you.
RoboWarriorSr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch