Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:06 PM   #1
Ipadminiusernew
macrumors newbie

iPod Touch crisis

My 3 year old ipod running iOS 6.1.6 (jailbroken untethered) finally gave up on me last week and is now stuck on boot loop im thinking about getting it repaired via a shop because i havnt had the greatest luck with itunes restores However ive replaced my ipod by buying a second gen ipad mini however it feels weird not having that lag with ios 6 and the constant frustration with apps crashing 24/7, so advoce on should i get it fixed for $15 or should i stick with the mini (even if it gets fixed, ill still keep the mini as my go to device)

Also can anyone suggest to fix a boot loop wothout using a computer? Thanks x
Ipadminiusernew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2014, 09:47 PM   #2
cookies81
macrumors newbie

I had this "bootloop" problem jailbreaking my iphone 4 last year. This video helped me fix my problem; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4N90wHHeMA

If your ipod touch is 3 years old, I am guessing it is a 4g, because 5g came out 2 years ago. I owned a 4g for a while. I would say, it is not worth fixing. The RAM is miniscule and the upgrade to the 5g is like a whole different experience. Use your Ipad mini as your main machine until you can buy the new ipod? It starts at $199. Good luck to you
cookies81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:55 PM   #3
moomanjohnny
macrumors member

I agree, it's not worth paying to get it fixed. I had an iPT 4g too, jailbroken with iOS 6.1.5, but I have replaced it with iPT 5 with iOS 8 Beta 4. It is like a breath of fresh air with no lag and no crashing apps, more storage, etc. If you can fix the iPT 4g with recovery mode it could be a media player, or if you have an Apple TV, you can download the remote app from the app store and use it as an Apple TV remote. Or you could sell it on ebay, you could get around $100s depending on what condition it is and how much storage it has.

Best of luck on whatever you do,
Johnny
moomanjohnny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2014, 07:09 AM   #4
Ipadminiusernew
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomanjohnny View Post
I agree, it's not worth paying to get it fixed. I had an iPT 4g too, jailbroken with iOS 6.1.5, but I have replaced it with iPT 5 with iOS 8 Beta 4. It is like a breath of fresh air with no lag and no crashing apps, more storage, etc. If you can fix the iPT 4g with recovery mode it could be a media player, or if you have an Apple TV, you can download the remote app from the app store and use it as an Apple TV remote. Or you could sell it on ebay, you could get around $100s depending on what condition it is and how much storage it has.

Best of luck on whatever you do,
Johnny

Thanks and nah decided not to get it fixed, as ive decided to wait for the 6th gen itouch and then buy that
Old Jul 22, 2014, 01:10 PM   #5
moomanjohnny
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipadminiusernew View Post
Thanks and nah decided not to get it fixed, as ive decided to wait for the 6th gen itouch and then buy that
I think the 6th gen touch will be worth the wait, also you might be able to fix the 4th gen without a computer if you want. Just shut it down with home + sleep till a black screen, then power it on while holding the volume up button. It should boot up without Mobile Substrate enabled, like safe mode.
moomanjohnny is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch