Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:02 AM   #26
BFizzzle
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfunk1122 View Post
Well I also work for a large cell phone company here and I can agree and disagree with you. I have been on Android since day 1 with the g1. I have also rooted every phone I have ever had. I just bought an iPhone 5.

To say Android sucks is just ignorant. It is a much more capable OS and has always been quite a bit ahead of iOS in terms of functionality. When you see all of these people jailbreak their iPhones most of the things they do are add things that are common to Android such as widgets and toggles and such.

Now don't get me wrong I like this phone. The things I do like about it are the design, the camera and the functionality between other iPhones. The apps are very well designed and everything seems to work the way it should. The screen is also very nice and looks great. The things I don't like about it should be fixed with software updates especially the maps. I was in Philadelphia this weekend and had never been there before and needed directions. It worked half the time and the other half of the time it sent me to dead ends and definitely out of the way. I also hate the settings on the phone. If I want to turn on wifi and I'm in an app I have to exit the app, go to settings, go to wifi, turn it on, go home and go back to the app. In Android I can swipe my notification bar down and turn it on. I have adjusted to the keyboard but some of the Android ones are quite a bit better. I hate not having short cut keys to numbers and punctuation. I find that very inconvenient and definitely slows down texting.

Reading through a lot of these forums I do feel people are just going to bash whatever they don't have or aren't familiar with. It goes both ways. I miss the customization of Android and the screen size. Other than that I am pretty happy with the iPhone. It is an excellent design and works very well. On Verizon they need to fix the time bug (of which I don't have or at least haven't noticed it yet) and the wifi issues of which I don't have either.

My main point of all of this is both Android and iOS have their advantages and work really well. With Android you have to understand it a little bit more and that is why I sell more iPhones than I do Android devices because for the common person that I sell a device too it is a better fit. It definitely takes longer to do things with iOS but the average person can't mess anything up.

So stop saying Android sucks and Apple people are geniuses when it is a less capable device...although a very very nice one. ;-)

Go ahead and flame away for saying it is a less capable device. Remember I truly like my iPhone. But until an iPhone has NFC, can autocorrect for capitalization in voice commands for most known words, faster ways of multitasking, some customization and better integration with non iOS devices the iPhone will still be one of the top phones on the market and not the top phone on the market. Another thing that totally sucks about it is the contacts. Good lord there is Nothing you can do with it. Lol. I will look forward to any replies on my shiny new iPhone 5. :-P
ehhh they both are capable software/hardware .. just in different ways. There is some thins ios cant do/replicate as well as android. and same goes for android.
BFizzzle is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:03 AM   #27
gfunk1122
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Absolutely. Isn't misinformation fun!?! :-P
gfunk1122 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:11 AM   #28
josh995
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
I still think Android sucks. And it's not because I don't know how to use it. I do. And that's why I think it sucks.

I go back to it every now and then to see if it's gotten better. I ALWAYS end up going back to iPhone. Not because I'm a "sheep" but because I feel like it's a superior product.

I couldn't get rid of my Galaxy S3 fast enough. Bleh.

I will give Android credit for customization. But that's it. Everything else... sucks!
josh995 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:12 AM   #29
Daveoc64
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bristol, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean4123 View Post
A bunch of others told me that all the Android apps are "free" and the Apple apps cost more money. When I tell them that the apps that cost money usually cost more on Android, they get mad. They also fail to realize that all those "free" Android apps are free for a reason. Most of them suck.
Because you're lying to them.

If you look at the most popular Apps for Android and iOS - things like Angry Birds, Whatsapp etc., they ARE free on Android.
__________________
Nexus 5 32GB Black (Three UK) | Nexus 7 (2012) | Kindle Paperwhite (2013)
iPhone 4 32GB
White MacBook (Late 2007)
Windows 8.1 | iCloud, Dropbox, Spotify Premium
Daveoc64 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:19 AM   #30
dontpannic
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveoc64 View Post
Because you're lying to them.

If you look at the most popular Apps for Android and iOS - things like Angry Birds, Whatsapp etc., they ARE free on Android.
Which you then pay money for ad-free versions.

With iOS, you pay for the app with no adverts, or get the free 'Lite' version for a version with ads...

It's quite simple.

A friend of mine is an app developer and he has seen an identical app at an identical price on both stores sell more on iOS than on Android. It's too easy to sideload pirated apps on Android, there's just no money in it. Android is very bad for developers.
dontpannic is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:26 AM   #31
josh995
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveoc64 View Post
Because you're lying to them.

If you look at the most popular Apps for Android and iOS - things like Angry Birds, Whatsapp etc., they ARE free on Android.
The reason iOS apps cost money and are free on android is because the developers take more time with the iOS version.

iOS apps are much more stable than Android apps, because Apple holds developers to much higher standards than Google does.
josh995 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:29 AM   #32
Daveoc64
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bristol, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpannic View Post
Which you then pay money for ad-free versions.

If you want to, but the fact remains, the two most popular paid iOS Apps are free on Android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh995 View Post
iOS apps are much more stable than Android apps, because Apple holds developers to much higher standards than Google does.
Nonsense. Apple does not and cannot do that.
__________________
Nexus 5 32GB Black (Three UK) | Nexus 7 (2012) | Kindle Paperwhite (2013)
iPhone 4 32GB
White MacBook (Late 2007)
Windows 8.1 | iCloud, Dropbox, Spotify Premium
Daveoc64 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:40 AM   #33
Nale72
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh995 View Post
The reason iOS apps cost money and are free on android is because the developers take more time with the iOS version.

iOS apps are much more stable than Android apps, because Apple holds developers to much higher standards than Google does.
Are you sure Android iOS apps are much more stable? I've read otherwise, that what you say is just a myth . Funny that this would come up in this thread .

I think the biggest reason that iOS apps more often are paid apps and in some cases when they are paid on both OS cost more for iOS is that Apple users are more willing to pay for their apps (and hardware). (I also believe it's the same reason Apple can afford to charge so much for the iPhone.) Because of this iOS developers will put more TLC into the iOS apps and make them first (often) and get them a more polished standardized look.
Nale72 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:58 AM   #34
josh995
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nale72 View Post
Are you sure Android iOS apps are much more stable? I've read otherwise, that what you say is just a myth . Funny that this would come up in this thread .

I think the biggest reason that iOS apps more often are paid apps and in some cases when they are paid on both OS cost more for iOS is that Apple users are more willing to pay for their apps (and hardware). (I also believe it's the same reason Apple can afford to charge so much for the iPhone.) Because of this iOS developers will put more TLC into the iOS apps and make them first (often) and get them a more polished standardized look.
From what I've read from other users and experienced iOS apps are more stable. I don't miss all the force closes and freezing of apps on my S3.

iOS app standards are higher than the ones made for Android. Like you said, devs put more effort into the iOS version.

And about the phone pricing, IDK about that. I paid $650 off contract for my Galaxy S3 when I bought it. Same price of the iPhone 5. Yeah, you get extra features inside the S3 and it's a solid phone, but the build quality is nowhere near as good.
josh995 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:52 AM   #35
Black Magic
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfunk1122 View Post
Well I also work for a large cell phone company here and I can agree and disagree with you. I have been on Android since day 1 with the g1. I have also rooted every phone I have ever had. I just bought an iPhone 5.

To say Android sucks is just ignorant. It is a much more capable OS and has always been quite a bit ahead of iOS in terms of functionality. When you see all of these people jailbreak their iPhones most of the things they do are add things that are common to Android such as widgets and toggles and such.

Now don't get me wrong I like this phone. The things I do like about it are the design, the camera and the functionality between other iPhones. The apps are very well designed and everything seems to work the way it should. The screen is also very nice and looks great. The things I don't like about it should be fixed with software updates especially the maps. I was in Philadelphia this weekend and had never been there before and needed directions. It worked half the time and the other half of the time it sent me to dead ends and definitely out of the way. I also hate the settings on the phone. If I want to turn on wifi and I'm in an app I have to exit the app, go to settings, go to wifi, turn it on, go home and go back to the app. In Android I can swipe my notification bar down and turn it on. I have adjusted to the keyboard but some of the Android ones are quite a bit better. I hate not having short cut keys to numbers and punctuation. I find that very inconvenient and definitely slows down texting.

Reading through a lot of these forums I do feel people are just going to bash whatever they don't have or aren't familiar with. It goes both ways. I miss the customization of Android and the screen size. Other than that I am pretty happy with the iPhone. It is an excellent design and works very well. On Verizon they need to fix the time bug (of which I don't have or at least haven't noticed it yet) and the wifi issues of which I don't have either.

My main point of all of this is both Android and iOS have their advantages and work really well. With Android you have to understand it a little bit more and that is why I sell more iPhones than I do Android devices because for the common person that I sell a device too it is a better fit. It definitely takes longer to do things with iOS but the average person can't mess anything up.

So stop saying Android sucks and Apple people are geniuses when it is a less capable device...although a very very nice one. ;-)

Go ahead and flame away for saying it is a less capable device. Remember I truly like my iPhone. But until an iPhone has NFC, can autocorrect for capitalization in voice commands for most known words, faster ways of multitasking, some customization and better integration with non iOS devices the iPhone will still be one of the top phones on the market and not the top phone on the market. Another thing that totally sucks about it is the contacts. Good lord there is Nothing you can do with it. Lol. I will look forward to any replies on my shiny new iPhone 5. :-P
Why do people care about NFC? It's not like you can walk in a store and use your phone to purchase with it. Until that happens, it will continue to be a checklist item on a spec sheet with little relevance. Oh and tapping phones to send data is corny IMHO. Palm Pilots had a similar functionality.
__________________
iPhone 6 64GB (Space Grey) | MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011) | iPad Mini | Apple TV | Airport Extreme
Black Magic is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:47 AM   #36
nburwell
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean4123 View Post
Another trend we see are iPhone users getting sick of iOS, going to the Galaxy S 3, then bringing the phone back a week later saying they hate it and want their iphone back.
I really do hate when people do that.
__________________
13.3" rMBP 2.5GHz l iPhone 5s l iPad rMini l 4G iPod Touch l Apple TV l Nikon
nburwell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:03 PM   #37
aquadisiac
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean4123 View Post
I find it so funny how so many people get negative and incorrect information about Apple products, especially the iPhone.

I sell cell phones for a big company (don't want to mention the name) and it's so funny how many people come in looking to buy an Android or Windows phone because the iPhone is "bad."

When I ask them why they think the iPhone is bad, some of the reasons I get back are downright hilarious.

One lady told me she wouldn't buy an "apple" because if you want to send a photo or a video to another person, they too need an "apple." When I proved her wrong, she got mad.

A bunch of others told me that all the Android apps are "free" and the Apple apps cost more money. When I tell them that the apps that cost money usually cost more on Android, they get mad. They also fail to realize that all those "free" Android apps are free for a reason. Most of them suck.

When it comes down to it, most middle aged people that would be perfect for an iPhone 4 for .99cents are drawn away from it because their biased kids have fed them a ton of bad information about Apple.

I had one guy not even consider an iPhone because his friends all hate Apple, so he did too. Once I showed his wife the iPhone 5, he couldn't believe how smooth it ran and bought one that day. He kept telling me how silly he felt about ignoring Apple because of what his friends thought.
I have a heard a lot of the bolded. i dont understand why people cant just do their own research. Go to the Apple store and play with an iphone.
__________________
32GB White iPhone 5
16GB iPad mini Verizon
13" Macbook Pro Late 2011
Time Capsule
aquadisiac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:03 PM   #38
njean777
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Magic View Post
Why do people care about NFC? It's not like you can walk in a store and use your phone to purchase with it. Until that happens, it will continue to be a checklist item on a spec sheet with little relevance. Oh and tapping phones to send data is corny IMHO. Palm Pilots had a similar functionality.
Thats what I say, NFC isn't even something that is relevant today. Very few businesses even allow it.
njean777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:17 PM   #39
gfunk1122
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh995 View Post
The reason iOS apps cost money and are free on android is because the developers take more time with the iOS version.

iOS apps are much more stable than Android apps, because Apple holds developers to much higher standards than Google does.
Lol! Wow. You should not be allowed to post with nonsense like that. Misinformation at the greater level.
gfunk1122 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:20 PM   #40
abhinav7333
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by haruhiko View Post
It's just like religions... one group of people following religion A thinks that another group of people following religion B are sheeps and are stupid. And they are the one who is clever enough to follow religion A. So the A followers try everything to convert people from religion B to A.
How do you know religion A is the good one. I say buy what you wanna buy. People who are fanboys are just trying to justify their purchase. Every body is different. If everybody liked the same things, this world will be a boring one.
abhinav7333 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:30 PM   #41
redman042
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
To the OP: I see this all the time. Once someone decides that Apple sucks and Android is better, there's pretty much no point trying to tell them otherwise. They will just get angry, as you found out. Might as well let them get their Android phone. But I predict a big percentage of these folks will change their minds in the next couple of years.

Samsung is really popular right now. They are investing huge in advertisement, the carriers are pushing them, and the anti-Apple crowd is hyping it. But my prediction is that this will not be sustained in the long run. The techies will continue to love Android, because they can figure out how to work with it efficiently, and they love flexibility. But the non-tech folks out there who listened to their kids or chose Android because of a Costco discount on the handset will eventually bump into a friend that has an iPhone, and they will try it, and they will decide to make the iPhone their next purchase, and then they will never go back. The iPhone has staying power. In my opinion Android is more like a PC: it can do more, but it's far easier to get in trouble if you tap the wrong button, load the wrong app, or whatever. I don't think most people want a full PC in their pocket. They want something rock solid, ultra-reliable, and streamlined.

Oh, and while I consider myself a "techie", I'm iPhone all the way. The reliability and simplicity is darn refreshing after pounding away at a PC at work all day. I don't even jailbreak anymore. Even with the closed ecosystem, with the right apps I can accomplish tons on my iOS devices.
redman042 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:01 PM   #42
Black Magic
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by njean777 View Post
Thats what I say, NFC isn't even something that is relevant today. Very few businesses even allow it.
Yea, it cracks me up when I see people bragging or wanting NFC. You ask what are they gonna do with it? You get a blank stare response.

Most manufacturers rely on specs to sell items as they know its a geek's wet dream. My phone has a 16 core CPU and Angry Birds is so much faster on my phone than your iPhone.
__________________
iPhone 6 64GB (Space Grey) | MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011) | iPad Mini | Apple TV | Airport Extreme

Last edited by Black Magic; Dec 4, 2012 at 12:33 AM.
Black Magic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:07 PM   #43
Sweeperdk
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Århus, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfunk1122 View Post
Lol! Wow. You should not be allowed to post with nonsense like that. Misinformation at the greater level.
In all fairness, having been quite close to devs creating apps both for iOS and Android, one thing is clear:

It is a lot more difficult to get an app cleared for iOS than it is for Android. No doubt about that.

That said, having gone from iPhone 4 to SGS 2 to iPhone 4S to SGS 3 and now to iPhone 5, I think you know where I stand...

I have always been on the fence about which OS I prefer, but I have found out that it isnt' really about the OS... It's about the infrastructure, backbone and so on:

iOS is miles ahead in my book... If I compare iOS apps to Android apps (which I have done), then iOS apps come out on top. Every time.

There's no lag, every app just opens. Immediately. Not so on Android, in my experience.

SGS 3 was extremely quick... for the first week. Then everything started to slow down, noticeably.

And this is on a phone loaded with the same apps as I had on my iPhone 4S. No bloatware, only the few apps that I use regularly. No video, no images.

The phone just slowed down.

It became very, very apparent to me, that while Android is good, iOS just does it for me every time.

In my book there are two different segments in regards to Android and iOS.

Android : For the people who like to mod their UI, mess with custom roms and so on.

iOS : For the people who want a simpler OS that just works.

But then again... The above is just my two cents...
__________________
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro(C2D 3,04 GHz, 120 gb SSD, 8 gb ram), Mid 2011 iMac coupled to an ATD, Mid 2011 Macbook Air 11", iPhone 5S 64 GB
Sweeperdk is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:09 PM   #44
Daveoc64
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bristol, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeperdk View Post
It is a lot more difficult to get an app cleared for iOS than it is for Android. No doubt about that.
Apple rarely rejects Apps for being buggy - unless it's really obvious. How do you think Facebook got approved!?

Google does not reject Apps unless it explicitly knows that they are malicious or illegal.

That doesn't mean that the same App on Android is any less reliable than the App on iOS.
__________________
Nexus 5 32GB Black (Three UK) | Nexus 7 (2012) | Kindle Paperwhite (2013)
iPhone 4 32GB
White MacBook (Late 2007)
Windows 8.1 | iCloud, Dropbox, Spotify Premium
Daveoc64 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:13 PM   #45
Sweeperdk
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Århus, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveoc64 View Post
Apple rarely rejects Apps for being buggy - unless it's really obvious. How do you think Facebook got approved!?
True..

But... the "Apple Guidelines" are _not_ guidelines. They are to be considered biblical when developing apps. Move just a smidgeon past what is stated in the guidelines, and there's no way in hell that the app will be approved.

On the other hand, I noticed several apps in Google Play that are not even close to doing what was stated on the "tin"... Google Play are just much more lenient in regards to approving apps.

Quick examples:

Instagram - Way, way more smooth on iOS
Facebook - Yes... Way more smooth on iOS
FourSquare - Miles ahead on iOS
Spotify - Don't even get me started with this one...

Games on the other hand, seem to work equally well... At least for the few ones I tried.
__________________
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro(C2D 3,04 GHz, 120 gb SSD, 8 gb ram), Mid 2011 iMac coupled to an ATD, Mid 2011 Macbook Air 11", iPhone 5S 64 GB
Sweeperdk is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:13 PM   #46
Prime85
macrumors 6502a
 
Prime85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Magic View Post
Yea, it cracks me up when I see people bragging or wanting NFC. You ask what are they gonna do with it? You get a blank stare response.

Most manufacturers rely on specs to sell items as they know its a geek's wet dream. My phone has a 16 core CPU and 8 core GPU and Angry Birds is so much faster on my phone than your iPhone.
The funny thing is specs don't matter! The duel core iPhone 5 is faster then then both versions of the SIII. One has 2gb of ram the other has a quadcore(even though the quadcore is very close). Both of them are clocked much higher and the iPhone wins. This shows its not all about specs.
Prime85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:14 PM   #47
ericrwalker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albany, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean4123 View Post

When it comes down to it, most middle aged people that would be perfect for an iPhone 4 for .99cents are drawn away from it because their biased kids have fed them a ton of bad information about Apple.

Maybe the 99 cents is too much. If that's the case they can leave the AT&T store and get it at Verizon. They have it for free with a 2 year contract.
ericrwalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:23 PM   #48
Daveoc64
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bristol, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeperdk View Post
True..

But... the "Apple Guidelines" are _not_ guidelines. They are to be considered biblical when developing apps. Move just a smidgeon past what is stated in the guidelines, and there's no way in hell that the app will be approved.
This isn't true.

There are tons of Apps that violate the rules.

Let me give you a few examples:

"Audio streaming content over a cellular network may not use more than 5MB over 5 minutes"

Spotify does that.

"Apps or metadata that mentions the name of any other mobile platform will be rejected"

Kindle description on the App Store:

"You can also read your Kindle books on your Kindle, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, PC, Mac, Android-based device and Windows Phone 7-based device"

They couldn't violate the rule more if they tried!

"Apps cannot use Push Notifications to send advertising, promotions, or direct marketing of any kind"

I wish they'd tell Zynga that...

There are some rules that Apple really enforces strictly, others they'll enforce if they notice and other things just slide by completely.
__________________
Nexus 5 32GB Black (Three UK) | Nexus 7 (2012) | Kindle Paperwhite (2013)
iPhone 4 32GB
White MacBook (Late 2007)
Windows 8.1 | iCloud, Dropbox, Spotify Premium
Daveoc64 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:33 PM   #49
gfunk1122
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeperdk View Post
In all fairness, having been quite close to devs creating apps both for iOS and Android, one thing is clear:

It is a lot more difficult to get an app cleared for iOS than it is for Android. No doubt about that.

That said, having gone from iPhone 4 to SGS 2 to iPhone 4S to SGS 3 and now to iPhone 5, I think you know where I stand...

I have always been on the fence about which OS I prefer, but I have found out that it isnt' really about the OS... It's about the infrastructure, backbone and so on:

iOS is miles ahead in my book... If I compare iOS apps to Android apps (which I have done), then iOS apps come out on top. Every time.

There's no lag, every app just opens. Immediately. Not so on Android, in my experience.

SGS 3 was extremely quick... for the first week. Then everything started to slow down, noticeably.

And this is on a phone loaded with the same apps as I had on my iPhone 4S. No bloatware, only the few apps that I use regularly. No video, no images.

The phone just slowed down.

It became very, very apparent to me, that while Android is good, iOS just does it for me every time.

In my book there are two different segments in regards to Android and iOS.

Android : For the people who like to mod their UI, mess with custom roms and so on.

iOS : For the people who want a simpler OS that just works.

But then again... The above is just my two cents...
I agree with you almost 100%. Very well said. Being one of those people that flashes ROMs I can say that a rooted phone with a good ROM and stable kernel over clocked will beat an iPhone every time in terms of pure speed. I do agree that the apps seem to be slightly more polished but I feel that is because of the integration with them only being designed for one phone with one operating system. I'm not a developer by any means but I do understand a lot more than the average person. One thing that Apple definitely has over Android is in their party accessories. Lol the amount of cases seem endless even for the 5...
gfunk1122 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:40 PM   #50
Sweeperdk
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Århus, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfunk1122 View Post
I agree with you almost 100%. Very well said. Being one of those people that flashes ROMs I can say that a rooted phone with a good ROM and stable kernel over clocked will beat an iPhone every time in terms of pure speed. I do agree that the apps seem to be slightly more polished but I feel that is because of the integration with them only being designed for one phone with one operating system. I'm not a developer by any means but I do understand a lot more than the average person. One thing that Apple definitely has over Android is in their party accessories. Lol the amount of cases seem endless even for the 5...
Yup... I agree.

It is an absolutely horrid process to cater for the multitude of hardware configs in the Android ecosystem, as opposed to the iOS ecosystem... And this factor alone is what makes the apps seem sooo much smoother on iOS than on Android, imo.
__________________
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro(C2D 3,04 GHz, 120 gb SSD, 8 gb ram), Mid 2011 iMac coupled to an ATD, Mid 2011 Macbook Air 11", iPhone 5S 64 GB
Sweeperdk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Touch 5 Misinformation Plutonius iPod touch 7 Nov 26, 2013 08:50 PM
Game Cheat for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation) Mjasa iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 Sep 14, 2013 07:25 AM
Lost storage on SSD and misinformation enisala MacBook Air 16 Jun 30, 2013 09:27 AM
The Truth About Android (Misinformation) w00t951 Wasteland 184 Jul 17, 2012 07:12 AM
Misinformation from Apple about RMBP? Nd1993 MacBook Pro 2 Jun 13, 2012 06:01 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC