Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamAshleyBlogs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I'm sure this is posted somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. This weekend, I hooked my rMBP up to my tv via HDMI, which I've done before. For some reason, this morning when I got to work and turned it on I noticed that everything is blurry.

Most times, text on websites doesn't look great and I'm use to that, but this is different. When I get notifications that pop up for Apple mail, even the text on them is blurry.

What is the optimal screen settings you have your rMBP on at all times? I can't figure out what might have changed and how to change it back. I went and looked and it's set on "Best for Retina".

Any ideas?

Thanks!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Did you reboot the laptop? I find the default settings for the display work the best and never had an issue you mentioned.

allMac noBook

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2012
I had this same issue when I first turned on my rMBP this morning. I then realized that I had my rMBP hooked up to my TV using an HDMI cable so I went into the settings and changed the display to "Best for Retina Display".

Not sure why that option isn't there for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.