Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:04 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Apple's New Causeway Bay Retail Store in Hong Kong Unveiled

Earlier this week, we noted that this weekend's group of Apple retail store grand openings would be headlined by the company's Causeway Bay flagship location in Hong Kong. The store features three levels, with a 30-foot tall glass curtain wall making a significant impact on the shopping center.

With the store set to open to the public tomorrow, Apple has been putting the finishing touches on it and has unveiled the store for passersby to see. ifoAppleStore's Gary Allen pointed to an image posted to Flickr showing showing the full scale of the store's glass facade.

M.I.C. gadget has also posted a number of photos of the store, as well as a short video giving a glimpse of the store from the outside.

As we previously noted, Apple is also opening new stores tomorrow in the following cities: Chengdu, China; Melbourne, Australia; and Malmö, Sweden. Apple is also opening its replacement Third Street Promenade store in Santa Monica, California tomorrow, moving into a much larger space. The new store is one of the first to use a design based on that of the Upper West Side store in Manhattan, with similar stores having already opened in Houston and Palo Alto.

Finally, Apple is opening a replacement Rockway store in New Jersey tomorrow, allowing Apple to close one of its last "mini-stores" in the U.S.

Article Link: Apple's New Causeway Bay Retail Store in Hong Kong Unveiled
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:08 AM   #2
HMI
macrumors 6502a

I forgot they were redesigning the Santa Monica store.

Last edited by HMI; Dec 14, 2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: First comment!
HMI is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:12 AM   #3
MadDawg2020
macrumors member

wow an all glass facade that lets everyone see all the shoppers inside checking out the itoys.
It doesn't look anything at all like any of the other Apple stores.

Seriously you could take a photo of any of the other stores and say its in Antarctica or the Florida swamp and no one would know the difference.All the Apple stores look the same, thats the whole point. I don't understand the fascination with posting photos of every new store as if it is something special.

Are there websites that post photos of all the new Starbucks or McDonalds that open up as well?
MadDawg2020 is offline   9 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:14 AM   #4
Radio
macrumors 68000

lemmings

we are just lemmings in an apple store...
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:17 AM   #5
mrgraff
macrumors 6502a

That has to be the strangest choice in background music ever.
mrgraff is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:20 AM   #6
ArcaneDevice
macrumors 6502a

Cool. Now people in Hong Kong will have somewhere to kill some time on their lunch breaks too! Just like everyone else does in an Apple store.
ArcaneDevice is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:21 AM   #7
somethingelsefl
macrumors 6502

Simply put: retail expansion outside of the US is crucial for Apple's continued growth and funds for R&D.

I really like seeing how Apple manages itself overseas as it does at home.
somethingelsefl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:21 AM   #8
Chuck-Norris
Banned

3 stores high? well that store just kills the one in my mall LOL
Chuck-Norris is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:24 AM   #9
iGrip
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to iGrip Send a message via AIM to iGrip Send a message via MSN to iGrip Send a message via Yahoo to iGrip Send a message via Skype™ to iGrip
Yawn

It looks like every other Apple store in every shopping mall in every city everywhere.

Meh.
iGrip is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:26 AM   #10
party
macrumors member

So happy I am! Going tomorrow for the opening

weird weird background music
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:36 AM   #11
HMI
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDawg2020 View Post
wow an all glass facade that lets everyone see all the shoppers inside checking out the itoys.

Seriously you could take a photo of any of the other stores and say its in Antarctica or the Florida swamp and no one would know the difference.All the Apple stores look the same, thats the whole point. I don't understand the fascination with posting photos of every new store as if it is something special.

Are there websites that post photos of all the new Starbucks or McDonalds that open up as well?
I'm surprised Starbucks hasn't tried to make a deal to put their kiosks inside some of the larger, more popular Apple stores, even if some of them already have Starbucks stores next door.
HMI is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:44 AM   #12
Drunken Master
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMI View Post
I'm surprised Starbucks hasn't tried to make a deal to put their kiosks inside some of the larger, more popular Apple stores, even if some of them already have Starbucks stores next door.
I'm foreseeing iced pumpkin spice lattes being spilled all over MacBook Pros.
Drunken Master is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:52 AM   #13
apple-win
macrumors regular

Apple over expands its retail outlets in Hong Kong. It's a gambling.

Hong Kong is a small city with very good subway system. It does not need two giant Apple flagship stores which locate in the very expensive downtown area. The rent is very very expensive.

For that size of store area, I would rather run a department store for Italian fasions, because Apple does not have a big product portfolio. It is a waste to use the store for an Apple classroom or for people killing time during lunch hour.

Another thing, I'm not sure if Apple authorized dealers in Hong Kong would be happy about Apple is eating their lunch.
apple-win is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:04 AM   #14
writingdevil
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDawg2020 View Post

Does ANY corporation get sites posting rumors about rumors, about potential "maybe" possibilities, about every tiny detail of what the next iteration might be about anything to do with Apple? Of furthering the Apple story? No. Possibly because for the last 15+years Apple has innovated itself into headline material, pro or con. Suits me. Don't own stock but serves my personal needs as well as pro needs in filmmaking.
Oh, btw, you just joined the masses hooked on furthering the story.
writingdevil is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:12 AM   #15
whooleytoo
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to whooleytoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Master View Post
I'm foreseeing iced pumpkin spice lattes being spilled all over MacBook Pros.
Ker-ching!

"You spill it, we bill it"
"You spray it, you pay it"
"You soak it, we.... errr......

Sounds like an evil plan by Apple.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:16 AM   #16
HenryDJP
macrumors 68020

Not complaining or trashing Apple but at some point all the stores begin to look the same so the excitement of seeing these new stores on MR has become lackluster at best.
HenryDJP is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:22 AM   #17
ZildjianLudwig
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
Not complaining or trashing Apple but at some point all the stores begin to look the same so the excitement of seeing these new stores on MR has become lackluster at best.
Maybe a third RSS feed could be dedicated to store-openings. Or even international-news?

Call me the rude American, but I don't need another entry in my RSS reader every time deploys iTunes Match to another country, or opens a new store in Uzbekistan.
ZildjianLudwig is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:25 AM   #18
HenryDJP
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZildjianLudwig View Post
Maybe a third RSS feed could be dedicated to store-openings. Or even international-news?

Call me the rude American, but I don't need another entry in my RSS reader every time deploys iTunes Match to another country, or opens a new store in Uzbekistan.
I hear ya!! Slow news day when we are graced with pictures of Apple's stores. What's next, Macy's?
HenryDJP is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:25 AM   #19
bryanescuela
macrumors regular

Wow

All glass facade. Perfect to build one like it in Florida...
bryanescuela is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:38 AM   #20
apple-win
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZildjianLudwig View Post

Don't you know Apple has a PR Department? PRopaganda Department.
apple-win is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:05 PM   #21
Dreamer2go
macrumors 6502

crap.
As crowded as it already is in Causeway bay, this will make it even more crowded....

I'm avoiding Causeway Bay as much as possible from now on....

Too
Many
People
In
Hong Kong

enough said.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:23 PM   #22
Rogifan
macrumors G3

I'd rather read this than stupid **** Eric Schmidt says or what device some Samsung Exec uses outside of the office.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:22 PM   #23
MacFoodPoisoner
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by writingdevil View Post
Does ANY corporation get sites posting rumors about rumors, about potential "maybe" possibilities, about every tiny detail of what the next iteration might be about anything to do with Apple? Of furthering the Apple story? No. Possibly because for the last 15+years Apple has innovated itself into headline material, pro or con. Suits me. Don't own stock but serves my personal needs as well as pro needs in filmmaking.
Oh, btw, you just joined the masses hooked on furthering the story.
Your personal needs and your pro needs in filmaking? Makes no sense, but yeah, whatever man...

I for once echo what the op said, another store, looking like any other apple store for the (us) lemmings, big effing deal. yaawwwwn..

Now why on earth can't you double click the top to minimize the new "delayed to be bug free", "streamlined" itunes?
MacFoodPoisoner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:38 PM   #24
Plutonius
macrumors 601

Looks good but Samsung's store display is wider .
Plutonius is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:11 PM   #25
xxnemoxx
macrumors newbie

why can't we have Apple stores like that here in the US

Besides the 5th Ave. Store
xxnemoxx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion