Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released the third beta of iOS 6.1 to developers. The release has a build number of 10B5117b, versus 10B5105c for the second beta of iOS 6.1 that was released on November 12.

Screen-Shot-2012-12-03-at-12.20.19-PM.png
As with previous betas, Apple mentions a number of changes from iOS 6.0.1, including several related to how developers can integrate Apple's new mapping service in their apps, as well as an improvement to how boarding passes are handled in Passbook, and a few minor changes to Safari.

Apple also released a beta of the Apple TV software, as well as Xcode 4.6 Developer Preview 3. Registered developers can download the betas via Apple's Developer page or via Software Update on iOS devices with a previous iOS 6.1 Beta already installed.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Third iOS 6.1 Beta to Developers

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
It'll be nice to have 6.1 by Christmas, along with a jaiilbreak. :D Wishful thinking.

iAshley

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2011
For me, the problem with passbook (aside from little support) is that you have to have an app like the Costa's already downloaded.
I don't want apps to clutter my phone so was hoping I could just download the passbook bit, but nope have to download the app as well.

Maybe it will improve in the future

CGagnon

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2007
Nice! Installing now.

EDIT: I haven't noticed anything different... Except of course safari being snappier but that's a given.

Last edited:

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
I hope it sorts out the battery issues and also the VERY ANNOYING issue of not being able to individually delete songs if you have iTunes Match activated.

matty.p

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
Portland, OR
For me, the problem with passbook (aside from little support) is that you have to have an app like the Costa's already downloaded.
I don't want apps to clutter my phone so was hoping I could just download the passbook bit, but nope have to download the app as well.

You actually don't need the app installed for a pass to work. You can receive them via e-mail or I believe through Safari as well. An app is just ONE way to get a pass into passbook.

scorpius21

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
Lil Planet
Really small find (iTunes Match), for example: if you wanna download all songs in a playlist, there's a new iCloud button which says "Download All". Previously it was only a tiny little cloud button.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Hopefully there's a fix for the bad audio quality when not using a headset. Plenty of people are having this issue...

Basically this issue makes my iPhone generally useless for ad hoc conversations. That is, I'm not going to carry a headset with me everywhere I go...

It's not an issue they'd talk about in the change log.

GorgonPhone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2010
It'll be nice to have 6.1 by Christmas, along with a jaiilbreak. :D Wishful thinking.

apple needs to change their update system inn IOS to work like it does on the mac and only update specific pars of the os that need to change... it suck having to down load and reinstall the whole system every time for these constant silly small changes .

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
apple needs to change their update system inn IOS to work like it does on the mac and only update specific pars of the os that need to change... it suck having to down load and reinstall the whole system every time for these constant silly small changes .

I believe iOS does support delta updates. That is why this update is only 100MB and not 1GB.

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007

You don't need apps, apps is only one way to get passbook cards. You can download them from website, email them, etc...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.