Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:18 PM   #1
ttate01
macrumors newbie

Any luck at Best Buy? 16g wifi black

Hi all,

Can't seem to find a 16 GB Wifi iPad Mini at any local Best Buy in the Philadelphia area.

Anyone have any luck in their respective areas? I'm probably going to order direct from Apple by this December 5th deadline, but I have Best Buy reward zone perks, and gift cards to help subsidize the cost. This is a Christmas gift for someone.

The employees at every Best Buy I've visited have been unhelpful for the most part.

Any inside tips? Or any other retailers known for having them in stock?

Thanks!

Tom
ttate01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Dyce
macrumors member

I went to mine last Friday, they only had black 64g's wifi.
Dyce is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:39 PM   #3
Ladybug
macrumors 6502a

You might try locating one using milo.com for your local area.
Ladybug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:42 PM   #4
silentbob007
macrumors regular

That's the hardest one to get in BB because it is the cheapest. There's no inside track ... either you luck into showing up after a delivery or you'll just have to order it online.
silentbob007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:32 PM   #5
AppleRobert
macrumors 68030

My GF got one on Friday at a BB mobile store. They only got in a few so she was lucky.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:43 PM   #6
cgdrennan
macrumors newbie

I got my mini Black Friday afternoon at my local best buy. At first they said they were sold out but then they found a whole box of 16gb wifi both in black and white
cgdrennan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:49 PM   #7
AppleRobert
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgdrennan View Post
I got my mini Black Friday afternoon at my local best buy. At first they said they were sold out but then they found a whole box of 16gb wifi both in black and white
Maybe Santa just delivered them cause I find it astounding that a whole box just happened to be found. They got drones working there?
AppleRobert is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 03:46 PM   #8
kyomagi
macrumors member

Heres what i did. I called my best buy and asked them if they had it. They said no so i asked them to check stock at other stores. Just so happened that a store about 10 miles away had one and they held on to it for me.

Give that a shot
kyomagi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 04:28 PM   #9
Hakone
macrumors 6502a

It's always a hit and miss. Like previously mentioned, you should call and hope you get a competent sales rep.

Of the two times i've been at BB, there's only one mini and some dude that's on it for 10-15mins while there's 6-10 people behind and around him just shaking their heads.

Keep in mind they likely have weekly allocations per store which I believe delivers on weekdays depending on the store.

Good luck.

Last edited by Hakone; Dec 3, 2012 at 05:16 PM.
Hakone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 04:52 PM   #10
Andrew K.
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post
Maybe Santa just delivered them cause I find it astounding that a whole box just happened to be found. They got drones working there?
We get iPad minis drop shipped so we don't really know when or what we'll get hence the randomness. I always make sure to check though
Old Dec 3, 2012, 05:06 PM   #11
AppleRobert
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew K. View Post
We get iPad minis drop shipped so we don't really know when or what we'll get hence the randomness. I always make sure to check though
Last time I checked, Best Buy has not let folks check which locations have iPad Minis via the website. Maybe it is updated now but it is a real crapshoot trying to get one without that tool.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 05:12 PM   #12
Andrew K.
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post
Last time I checked, Best Buy has not let folks check which locations have iPad Minis via the website. Maybe it is updated now but it is a real crapshoot trying to get one without that tool.
We have our own inventory system we can check and call the store for you to make sure they have it. At least where I'm at its okay to pay for it and pick it up at the other store.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 06:00 PM   #13
JoeShades
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttate01 View Post
Hi all,

Can't seem to find a 16 GB Wifi iPad Mini at any local Best Buy in the Philadelphia area.

Anyone have any luck in their respective areas? I'm probably going to order direct from Apple by this December 5th deadline, but I have Best Buy reward zone perks, and gift cards to help subsidize the cost. This is a Christmas gift for someone.

The employees at every Best Buy I've visited have been unhelpful for the most part.

Any inside tips? Or any other retailers known for having them in stock?

Thanks!

Tom
i called up the best buy in deptford before i went there, they said they had all sizes in black, i go there and they say sorry don't have 16 GB wifi
JoeShades is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 07:46 PM   #14
100Teraflops
macrumors 6502a

I too, can confirm it is hit or miss. I bought a White 16 GB Mini on Black Friday and yesterday I bought a Black 16 GB Mini. However, I didn't buy an iPad 2 when they had them $60 off! I went to go to Target instead. Again, To echo what others have said, just check back often or call everyday. Oh yeah, ask an employee when they receive their shipments, as this can help tremendously!

As far as their website being up to date, it's not! At least not as of yesterday! The website says Minis are available in store only and sometimes they don't show stock status. Even though they might have one in stock. I think Minis are selling so fast that Best Buy doesn't want to spend the man hours updating their online inventory. IMHO

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeShades View Post
i called up the best buy in deptford before i went there, they said they had all sizes in black, i go there and they say sorry don't have 16 GB wifi
I figured this would happen! Thats' why I like to go in person with money in hand!

Edit: I stand corrected. Today I checked best buy's mobile website and they show updated inventory of iPad Minis.

Last edited by 100Teraflops; Dec 4, 2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Add comment
100Teraflops is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad