Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

traveller09

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
People's Republic of Seattle
Has anyone else had an issue with loading movies with the new iTunes. I have been burning my DVD’s with Handbrake and creating a digital DVD library. Once a DVD is digitized on my computer I drag it into iTunes and it appears in my movie library and also as a folder and movie on my hard drive.

Now with the new iTunes, my previous movies are the same as before, but when I Handbrake a new movie and drag it into iTunes they now appear in a sub folder called “Home Movies” and in my hard drive they are also in a separate location as well. I cannot figure out how to add them iTunes and have them listed and filed with the rest of my movies. I haven't tried to synch with my iPad yet to see if this results in any other issues.

Anyone experienced this?

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
not sure if there is an option in Handbrake to fix this

but it seems with iTunes 11 all movies manually added go to the Home Movies section, you need to right click and get info then change the kind to Movie (or TV Show)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.