Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:36 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

iPhone 5 Shipping Estimates Continue to Improve

Just last week, iPhone shipping estimates in Apple's online stores dropped to a week, and in some markets, shipping times have now dropped even further.

Online stores in the Asia-Pacific region, including Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and Thailand are now showing shipping times of 2 to 4 business days, which suggests that Apple's supplies are beginning to match demand as the holidays approach. These are the shortest shipping times that the website has seen since the original launch of the device on September 21.

Though online stores in North America, Europe, and elsewhere are still listing shipping times of one week, those estimates should also drop as more inventory becomes available.

Apple today also announced that it is planning to bring the iPhone 5 to over 50 new countries beginning on December 7.

Update 1:44 PM: The new 2-4 business day estimates have now spread to Apple's North American online stores.

Article Link: iPhone 5 Shipping Estimates Continue to Improve
MacRumors is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:42 PM   #2
ifij775
macrumors regular

I thought the iPhone 5 was impossible to make and they will never arrive in a timely manner. Or is the Internet wrong?
ifij775 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:57 PM   #3
Xenomorph
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifij775 View Post
I thought the iPhone 5 was impossible to make and they will never arrive in a timely manner. Or is the Internet wrong?
It is simultaneously right and wrong. This is Schrödinger's Internet.
Xenomorph is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Otterblue
macrumors member

Are they all shipping via UPS? USP is slow compared to FedEx. Ordered an iPad mini and iPhone 5 at the same time. iPad ships via FedEx, iPhone via UPS. Initially the iPad was supposed to arrive later but now it's set to arrive earlier.
Otterblue is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:11 PM   #5
IzzyJG99
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterblue View Post
Are they all shipping via UPS? USP is slow compared to FedEx. Ordered an iPad mini and iPhone 5 at the same time. iPad ships via FedEx, iPhone via UPS. Initially the iPad was supposed to arrive later but now it's set to arrive earlier.
"What can brown do you for?" is more than a motto. It seems to intimate just how crappy UPS is....
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:15 PM   #6
Codyak
macrumors 6502

Quote:
This entirely depends on where it's coming from and going to. I've found the exact opposite of what you have, and UPS has never lobbed any of my packages up the stairs to my door.
Codyak is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:40 PM   #7
Otterblue
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyJG99 View Post
"What can brown do you for?" is more than a motto. It seems to intimate just how crappy UPS is....
You mean "What can Brown do for you?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyak View Post
This entirely depends on where it's coming from and going to. I've found the exact opposite of what you have, and UPS has never lobbed any of my packages up the stairs to my door.
Interesting. Mine is shipping from China to Canada. Things shipping to Canada always like to take a scenic route Right now the iPhone's in Korea.
Otterblue is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:46 PM   #8
Tiger8
macrumors 68000

It is now 2-4 days in the US as well...
Tiger8 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:50 PM   #9
Codyak
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Interesting. Mine is shipping from China to Canada. Things shipping to Canada always like to take a scenic route Right now the iPhone's in Korea.
When I ordered my MBP, Fedex got to my front gate, called to be let in, I then told them to just leave it at the front office (which they do anyway if you aren't home and do manage to get past the gate). One hour later I find out the driver decided to take it back the the Fedex center 45 minutes from my home and I was told I could wait three days until Monday to pick it up, or drive there.

So, among other issues... They have kind of a black mark in my book. As I said before though, it depends on where you are and who you are dealing with, but I've seen this guy around here before so I know if I use them, he is likely to be the one handling the package.
Codyak is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 03:59 PM   #10
Glideslope
macrumors 68020

Wait for the Dec numbers.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 04:12 PM   #11
slimjimtx
macrumors member

For what it's worth, the Apple stores in my area (Dallas, TX) seem to have iPhone 5's in stock. I was able to get one on Saturday, in and out of the store in about half an hour. Easy peasy.
slimjimtx is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 04:27 PM   #12
thelink
macrumors regular

Finally! =)
thelink is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 04:39 PM   #13
bushman4
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelink View Post
Finally! =)
Don't count on 2-4 days with the holidays and 50 more countries getting the iphone5 be safe get it while the supply lasts if you want it for the holidays
bushman4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 04:43 PM   #14
thetechnologist
macrumors member

MacRumors, looks like you forgot to close a <strong> or <b> bolding tag which is pouring bold text to the rest of your page after this post.
thetechnologist is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 05:44 PM   #15
OriginalMacRat
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Even FedEx can deliver on different days depending on wich service Apple picks for delivery.

You are thinking of "FedEx Express" which is higher priced and delivers faster.

There is also the cheaper "FedEx Ground" and "FedEx Home" which have longer delivery times.
OriginalMacRat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 06:11 PM   #16
tillsbury
macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't take too much notice of the "ships in" dates on the New Zealand store. Whenever it ships out of China, it takes a day to get to TNT's depot in New Zealand, and then a further week to deliver it from there to you. Perhaps longer, as I only live 25km from the TNT depot. Four deliveries in a row like this... please stop using TNT, Apple!!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 06:49 PM   #17
stoopkitty
macrumors member

</strong> !!!
stoopkitty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 08:11 PM   #18
pgiguere1
macrumors 68000

Close that <b> tag Juli, the whole page is in bold now!
pgiguere1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 08:37 PM   #19
duaneu
macrumors regular

I ordered one on Saturday. It's showing December 18 delivery date, although I just checked and the status has changed to "Preparing for Shipment", so maybe it will be sooner than that. It's for a Christmas gift, so I should have it in plenty of time.

Edit: Phone shipped this morning, now expected to arrive December 10.

Last edited by duaneu; Dec 4, 2012 at 08:00 AM.
duaneu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:05 AM   #20
tgif1386
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 shipment

Same as me. Estimate was 12/18 but it was shipped yesterday and ETA is 12/11.
tgif1386 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:13 AM   #21
mahood
macrumors member

Bought one in the UK on 23rd Nov, with a 2 week estimate at the time. Arrived on 1st Dec, 8 days later. It almost arrived before the email telling me it had shipped!
mahood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:50 AM   #22
maxosx
macrumors 68020

My local Apple store has had iPhone 5's in stock for over a month since demand is down. The demand has abated even though that would be universally denied in pro Apple circles.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion