Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:36 PM   #1
iPowers
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to iPowers Send a message via AIM to iPowers Send a message via MSN to iPowers Send a message via Yahoo to iPowers Send a message via Skype™ to iPowers
iTunes Won't Move Deleted Song to Trash

When I used to delete a song, it asked me if I wanted to move the deleted song to the trash and I could say yes or keep the file. Then, i upgraded to iTunes 11 and used Pacifist to downgrade it back.

Now, everything works fine, but when I delete a song, it just deletes off my iTunes library and not my computer. How can I fix this problem?
iPowers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:52 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPowers View Post
When I used to delete a song, it asked me if I wanted to move the deleted song to the trash and I could say yes or keep the file. Then, i upgraded to iTunes 11 and used Pacifist to downgrade it back.

Now, everything works fine, but when I delete a song, it just deletes off my iTunes library and not my computer. How can I fix this problem?
Are the songs in question in your iTunes Media folder, as specified in iTunes > Preferences > Advanced? To find out, right-click on the song and "Show in Finder" or "Get Info" and check the location on the Summary tab. If they are in the iTunes Media folder, iTunes should give you an option of trashing the file when you delete a song from the library. If the songs are in another location, iTunes will delete the song from the library, but won't offer to delete the file. It only manages the iTunes Media folder, not other locations.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 05:19 PM   #3
iPowers
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to iPowers Send a message via AIM to iPowers Send a message via MSN to iPowers Send a message via Yahoo to iPowers Send a message via Skype™ to iPowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
Are the songs in question in your iTunes Media folder, as specified in iTunes > Preferences > Advanced? To find out, right-click on the song and "Show in Finder" or "Get Info" and check the location on the Summary tab. If they are in the iTunes Media folder, iTunes should give you an option of trashing the file when you delete a song from the library. If the songs are in another location, iTunes will delete the song from the library, but won't offer to delete the file. It only manages the iTunes Media folder, not other locations.
Oh that fixed my problem immediately. Thank you so much!
iPowers is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store