Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:38 PM   #1
Squilly
macrumors 68020

Apple vs. Samsung Debate

I'm writing a research paper on the Apple vs Samsung court cases. Does anyone know how it truly started? Seemed to start shortly after the death of Steve Jobs due to patent infringement that was never mentioned before the CEO's death....
Squilly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 02:48 PM   #2
0dev
macrumors 68040

I believe the first shot was taken by Apple when they started suing all Android phone makers because Steve Jobs hated Android.

You'll need to do your own research to get a reference and specific info though, do your own essays
0dev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 03:37 PM   #3
Zerozal
macrumors 6502

You need to do more research. Have you read Isaacson's biography of Steve Jobs? Jobs started it himself:
"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."

See:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20...tolen-product/
Old Dec 4, 2012, 04:52 PM   #4
elppa
macrumors 68040

I believe Apple were discussing issues with HTC and Samsung for some time before any official action was taken. As all of those talks would have been confidential, it may be some time before we ever discover the truth.

Here's one link (from Fortune in March 2010) to get you started:
Apple talks tough to handset makers

Quote:
Starting in January, Apple launched a series of C-Level discussions with tier-1 handset makers to underscore its growing displeasure at seeing its iPhone-related IP [intellectual property] infringed. The lawsuit filed against HTC thus appears to be Apple's way of putting a public, lawyered-up exclamation point on a series of blunt conversations that have been occurring behind closed doors.
Obviously HTC was one such tier one handset maker, but it doesn't take a genius to work out Samsung would have been another.
elppa is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion