Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:37 PM   #1
bobright
macrumors 601

Return policy on BTO iMac's?

So what is the policy on BTO iMac's, say perhaps I get a faulty screen and want a refund or replacement how does Apple go about this? I still have my 14 day return period as if it were not BTO right?

I hope I dont run into problems but seeing the 21" bad screen a user posted its got me worried now, especially that my machine is a BTO.
bobright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Johnf1285
macrumors 6502a

It is still the same policy. If you are in the US, Apple has their holiday return policy in effect so depending upon when your unit arrives, you may have an extra week or two on top of the regular return policy time frame.

I am worried about the same thing.

Also I am worried if the i5/8gb was a good choice over the i7/16gb - I will be putting the machine through it's paces when I get it thats for sure.
Johnf1285 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:51 PM   #3
bobright
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnf1285 View Post
It is still the same policy. If you are in the US, Apple has their holiday return policy in effect so depending upon when your unit arrives, you may have an extra week or two on top of the regular return policy time frame.

I am worried about the same thing.

Also I am worried if the i5/8gb was a good choice over the i7/16gb - I will be putting the machine through it's paces when I get it thats for sure.
Thanks for the response I'm in the same boat, opted for the Fusion Drive instead of the i7 hopefully it was the right choice....couldn't afford to upgrade everything especially factoring in tax at almost a couple hundred bucks.

Now, as far as the screen if a problem arises am I better off getting a refund then going through the replacement process (which would be probably taking my machine in then waiting for a new one)? I'd probably be better off reordering myself incase the new one is faulty as well.
bobright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:58 PM   #4
Johnf1285
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobright View Post
Thanks for the response I'm in the same boat, opted for the Fusion Drive instead of the i7 hopefully it was the right choice....couldn't afford to upgrade everything especially factoring in tax at almost a couple hundred bucks.

Now, as far as if a problem with the screen arises am I better off getting a refund then going through the replacement process (which would be probably taking my machine in then waiting for a new one)? I'd probably be better off reordering myself incase the new one is faulty as well.
Yes! If it wasn't another $385.20 (ed discount - wife is taking a night class lol and 7% sales tax) for the i7 and 16gb, I would've reconsidered. But Apple Care and Fusion Drive put me to the max I was willing to spend.

As for returning and/or exchanging, I guess depending upon how you paid a straight return and re-purchase might be ideal.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that this screen problem was an isolated issue!
Johnf1285 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac